Chapter 4: Roisin's POV

Hey guys as I promised earlier, here is the next chapter... Thanks again to everyone who is reading and please if you have any ideas for the story or would like your name to be in the story let me know; just comment, inbox or post on our messageboard. Hope you're enjoying it so far, new chapter uploaded tomorrow :) Krissy x

P.S Make sure you read Rosey's Live Love 1D ! She'd really appreciate the reads and the votes. Also her storyline is really good too! :) x

Chapter 4: Roisin's POV

Maddy and Kristen had both gone on stage for the announcement of the two finalists who would be progressing to the Grand Finale. I hoped in my heart of heart's that both of them would be the ones, but the other singer, James Johnson, was quite popular around the girls as he had the 'looks' and the voice. The decision would be tough, I knew it, they know it, the judges know it. But I know Kristen blew everyone away there was no chance she wouldn't get in, it was Maddy I was worried for. I turned my head towards the voice of the announcer: "And welcome back to the X-Factor Australian Semi Finals. We're back with our three final acts from this spectacular evening please give another huge round of applause for James, Maddy and Kristen!" I could hear the crowd going wild, holding up posters and shouting out in a mix of anticipation and angst. I turned my head from behind the curtains to see the judges also joining in enthusiastically with the crowd. "Now as you all know by now, only two contestants will be progressing to the Grand Finale and that will be decided from you guys, the voters! Before I reveal the results, on behalf of the X-Factor and the judges we would like to congratulate all three of you for making it this far into the contest. You are all very talented and have so much potential in the music industry", stated the host, dragging out the tension for as long as he could. "But only two can stay, one must go. The votes are in..... The person with the most votes received tonight and will be progressing to the finals is" he paused with dramatic anticipation. "Maddy!" The crowd cheered in excitement, some people in relief and Maddy was in absolute awe. I was so happy for her, she deserved it more than anything, but in the back of my mind my worry for Kristen was increasing by the second. She did so well tonight, I have never seen her perform the way she did tonight, and yet, feelings of uncertainty began to surface. "Congratulations Maddy! If you could please step over to the right", instructed the host. "Now, for the moment that will decide the future of these two young artists.... The last person who will be progressing to the finals is...." the tension forming again. "James Johnson! Congratulations James!" James was jumping up in down in astonishment, he was in such disbelief; as was I. He squeezed Kristen tightly and whispered something in her ear and joined Maddy on the right side of the stage. The judges were shocked, the crowd was cheering, though most were in shock and One Direction was in shock! Kristen was a strong person, stronger than most people I know, but she seemed to be drowning in what seemed to be disappointment with herself. She never cries, at least I've never seen her cry. She put a brave smile on and thanked the judges and her mentor for this "once in a lifetime" opportunity, her family, her voters, the other contestants and me for helping her over the weeks. "Please give a huge applause for Kristen; she put up a real fight tonight folks." The crowd filled the stadium with shouts and claps as Kristen made her final goodbye, and exited off the stage.