4. Don't Kiss and Tell

It was a short weekend, I hung out with the guys as usual. Now its Monday and we're back for another five days of hell, a.k.a. high school. I was in my first class, AP chemistry. Luke wasn't in this class so it was even more boring. I had no one to stare at while the teacher took half the class to lecture us about being late and not doing homework.

I've been watching the clock. Boredom was the word I'd describe this class using. The clock ticked slowly. Seconds felt like minutes and minutes felt like hours. Then the bell finally rang. I pick up my books and leave the class quickly.

Arriving at my locker I opened it quickly pulling out my books and putting back my chemistry books. I then felt weight on the locker next to mine like someone was leaning on it. Slowly I looked up and saw Luke Hemmings standing there.

My eyes widen. He's looking at me. I squealed on the inside. But why was he here by my locker?

"Hey Cody." He flashed me a bright smile. His smile was amazing.

"Hi Luke." I smile back a little nervously. Luke gave me the jitters. He looks so perfect standing there, leaning against the lockers.

"So I was wondering if I could get your number? Maybe wee could hang out this weekend." He suggests confidently with that sexy smile still plastered on his gorgeous face.

"Uh. Ya!" I panicked for a second, still in shock that Luke Hemmings asked me for my number. And he wanted to hang out? I try my best to process what was happening.

"Here, type your number in." He hands me his phone as I type my number with shakey fingers.

"Cool. I'll text you." He smiles and walks away.

"Oh my god." I whisper to myself as I internally scream. I still can't believe that just happened. I do a little fist pump and roll my eyes at the girl giving me a weird look.

"Hey Cody." Michael comes up to my locker.

"Michael. Luke Hemmings just asked for my number and he said we could hang out this weekend!" I practically yell at Michael I was so excited.

"Great." His smile fell and he turns to start walking away.

"Mikey, where are you going?" I grab his shoulder.

"To talk to someone who isn't love crazed by a stupid fuckboy." He shrugs me off and walks away. I knew Michael didn't like Luke but I was way to happy to care right now.

The rest of the day went by really quickly because all I could think about was Luke Hemmings. I meet Mikey and Ash at the end of the day. Right when I was about to open my mouth to tell about my exciting events, Michael cut me off.

"I'll save you the crap, Ash. Prince Charming asked her out." Michael tells Ash bitterly as we get in the car.

"Wow, that's great Cody!" Ash smiles at me from the backseat. (I called shotgun.)

"I know! And he asked for my number!" I could hardly contain my excitement.

~ ~ ~

"He still hasn't texted me." I groan as I walk into school with Mike and Ash.

"It's been four days, Cody."

"Five." I corrected Ash.

"That's a lot!" I groan again. Luke and I haven't made any contact more than a smile during passing time since Monday.

"He's been busy with his other fuckbuddies."

"Michael!" I shove him and head to my locker on my own, parting ways with Michael and Ashton.