Chapter 11

Jacky and I woke up from the alarm and we realized school was today!! We got up and slipped on our uniforms which was a pink sweater vest and a white plaid skirt. They were okay I guess, but Jacky hated it. We got ready and were prepared to enter into our softmore year of high school together. We walked to Jorvik high school which was combined with the middle school which I didn't mind but it looks like some of the others did. Me and Jacky were in the same homeroom which I was happy
about. We had Language Arts, History, and Science together. We would have to split up for math, gym, and horse ed. We were bummed that we couldn't take horse ed together because that seemed like a fun class but whatever. The first class was LA and that went by pretty fast. I felt like everyone was staring at me like I was some deformed creature though. Especially this one group of girls. Next was math, well for me at least. I went in and as soon as I walked in, the same group of girls was pointing and laughing. I was fed up with it and walked straight up to them.
"What is your problem!?" I asked them and that certainly startled them.
"There is no way you are as good as us. I mean you just came this year? We've been here by choice." A taller girl stepped forward and said to me.
"Hah well you are here because ironically this is where your parents live!" I started to sound sarcastic. "Ain't that amazing? Your parents live here!!!" I started to laugh. The girls knew I was right and immediately stopped bothering me. I went through the rest of my classes and then went home to get my lesson on Sunny. When I got home, I stripped off my clothes and put my riding gear on and left to go to the stable. I miss Ember and wonder how he is doing. I'll work a little with Angel today also. I met up with Jacky and we walked to the stable together to get our horses ready. Jacky's trainer, Claire, was here today and we got to have our lesson together. Sunny was amazing today. She was flying over the jumps and we even did a small cross country course to which she completely galloped through. It was a lot of fun and Jacky did amazing too! After we gave our horses a good scrubbing, I gave Sunny treats and turned her out.
I walked over to check on Angel in Emberstone's stall. She seemed sad and she wasn't eating.
I stood there for a minute and she just stood there soundly looking at me with sad eyes. I decided to go in to the stall.
"Hey Girl." I said to her and she stayed put. I grabbed some grooming tools and started to groom her.
"How have you been sweetie? I've been better but I am worried about Emberstone. He nearly killed me...." I started to talk to her as I gently brushed her and all of a sudden I heard,
"Its not his fault that you got hurt. It's mine."