Chapter 19

I woke up to Ember chewing on my hair as he usually does. I giggled and kissed his nose. It was a crisp November day. And Thanksgiving was coming up. Me and Jacky had made a pact to spend it together, and with our horses. It just occured to me that Thanksgiving was in two days. We have training off tomorrow to make food I guess. I sighed and stood up. Ember stood too and shook his body to wake himself up. He then nudged me and I kissed him again. Jacky was still asleep. Since I was already wide awake, I decided to go to an early morning bareback ride. I slipped a coat on and quietly led Emberstone outside. It took me a minute to realize it when we got outside but it was snowing! Actually snowing! I closed my eyes and hugged Emberstone's neck. I climbed onto his back and we walked to the forgotten fields. By this time the snow had accelerated and me and Emberstone had gotten warmed up. I gave him his head and man did he run.
"Haha this is fun!!" Emberstone whinnied.
"Yes it is boy!!" I said back to him. He slowed to a canter and then he stopped. Our charms had started to glow. His mane and tail had turned into flames and so had my hair. He reared and big, black, devil looking wings came out of his side. When he got down to his feet again and everything had gone back to normal  he gasped and looked left into the woods.
"uhm... nina?" he shifted nervously.
"what is it?" I could tell he was afraid of something.
Before he could answer, A giant black horse came out with wings bigger than the horse itself.
It was Pablo.
"Emberstone, run. run as fast as your strong legs can go and don't stop."
I sternly said to him and he bolted. Pablo was watching us and not moving. I was terrified.  what was going to happen to us?
When I was lost in my thoughts, Emberstone had slipped and fell to the ground causing me to fall also.
"Ember!!" I shrieked.
I ran to his side. He was breathing but wincing in pain. Something was wrong with my hip but I didn't care.
His eyes were clenched shut and he was making a whimpering noise.
"Ember, I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry!" I felt horrible but as soon as I got out my phone to call for help, Pablo came up right in front of Ember and I.
He stared at me with an emotion I couldn't really describe but it terrified me. I dropped the phone in fright and put my arm over Emberstone's side. I think he broke a rib.
"Hm." is all that came out of Pablo's mouth. He was huge.
"uhh hi." I said nervously.
"Hello Nina dearest." He said to me in such a sny voice, I was offended.
"Please dont hurt my horse. please."
He laughed an evil laugh that boomed as loud as his giant structure.
"Why would I hurt him? I don't want him. It's you I want." And with that, he left my poor Emberstone in the cold and took me away.