Chapter 14

We got our horses inside their stalls and then sat down together in front of Angel's stall door.
"My mom said she was looking into another horse for me." Jacky said and she sighed.
"Is that a bad or a good thing?" I asked.
"Well I don't know because she was saying that she doesn't think Blaze is a good enough horse for me. I love him just the way he is and I mean he is still in training so it's not fair." She replied and looked over at me.
"What do you think?"
I looked back at her and smiled.
"I think that you should talk to your mom about it. Tell her how much you love him and if you get another horse that you should be able to keep Blaze."
Jacky nodded and we sat there silently for a moment. It took me a minute to realize that Elizabeth had bought Sunny for me and that I was now the owner of three beautiful horses. I grinned.
"I own Sunny now so if you get another horse we will both have three horses because I'm giving you Angel's baby."
Jacky smiled and I stood up and looked in at Angel. She looked quite uncomfortable. I guess the baby was a lot of work even though it hasn't even been born yet. I gently walked into the stall and Jacky stood up and followed me in.
"Hey Angel, you okay?" I caressed her face and Jacky felt her abdomen. She quickly took her hand off.
"What is it?" I laughed.
"Its kicking!" Jacky giggled.
I realized why Angel wasn't feeling well. If the baby was kicking then that would definitely be uncomfortable.
"Is that what is bothering you?" I soothingly asked as I stroked my horse's face.
"Yeah... I just want to sleep and roll but I can't. I'm hungry too, but I don't feel like eating." Angel calmly said as she rested her head in my arms.
Jacky looked up.
"I know there is grain in the city for pregnant mares. I'll go get some right now." She said to me and I smiled gratefully as she slid onto Blaze bareback and galloped off to the city leaving me there with Angel.
"Can I try to lie down?" Angel suddenly asked as she shifted her weight.
"Yes of course!" I replied backing away from her so she could have room to get comfortable.

She shifted around for a minute but couldn't figure out how to successfully lie down without hurting herself so I went next to her so she could lean against me when she was trying to lower herself. Sure enough it worked and she managed to get herself laying down. I went to get her blanket and carefully strapped it on and sat there with her. It took a few minutes of laying there restless but she fell asleep and I carefully slid out of the stall and turned out her stall light and went to see the other horses. Sunny was next to Angel so I went there first. I put her sheet on and I realized I hadn't heard her talk yet but I wasn't going to question it so I continued what if was doing and gave her some apples I had in my bag.
"Thank you." I heard between munching.
It was Sunny's voice and her voice was so cute and gentle.
"you're welcome girl." I smiled and she came up and nudged my hand so I stroked her face.
"So I hear you are my owner now?" She asked me with hope in her eyes.
"Yeah. I ride you all the time anyway and you are a great horse."
"Do you plan on selling me?" She asked nervously.
I shook my head. I would never sell her. She is an amazing horse. She seemed reassured by that and walked to the middle of her stall and fell asleep because by this time it was like 8pm. I was to tired anyway and so I put Emberstone's blanket on him and he layed down and let me crawl under the blanket next to him and we layed there talking till Jacky got back. When she did, she saw me and turned out the light and went into Blaze's stall and fell asleep while I fell asleep next to Ember.