Chapter 4

The princess suddenly realised that she was late for home. Just then two castle guards came on horses, searching for her near the lake. She rode her horse and returned to her castle. She was welcomed warmly by the guests.

There was a grand celebration at the castle. The whole place was decorated by flowers and was lit up with thousands of candles. All the royals... kings, queens and the princes were invited to the party. It was due to Arika's birthday wish, that for the first time, all the people of the Kingdom were also invited to the feast which was held in the large garden, behind the castle.

Arika was looking very pretty
in her peach dress. The guests blessed the young princess. Many princes present there, tried to talk with Arika and impress her.

"Happy birthday... beautiful princess, I am Rakhbir, the prince of far away Kingdom."

Arika thanked him. Rakhbir was handsome prince and well known for his bravery. They had a small conversation during the ball. They also danced together. Arika was too liking his company. During their dance, Arika was keenly listening to the his heroic stories.

After the royal dance was over, Rakhbir told that he had to leave early and went out. Everyone arrived at the dining hall for the grand dinner and sat on the long dining table. Arika's eyes were searching for the prince, but he was nowhere to be seen.

"Hello princess Arika, a very happy birthday to you" said the man sitting next to the princess.

"Thank you sir, you are..."

"You don't recognise me Arika, I am Rehan....remember we used to meet at royal functions when we were kids."

"Ohh!!! Prince Rehan...of course I remember you" said the princess surprised and cheerfully.

All the childhood memories suddenly flashed across Arika's eyes. They usually met in some royal events and then became friends. They both also used to go on a ride, on Rehan's beautiful white horse. Unfortunately, they couldn't spend much time as Arika got busy in looking after the wellbeing of her Kingdom's and couldn't attend all the royal functions held in other castles.

After having dinner, they both had quite a while of a friendly conversation near the balcony. The birthday party finally got over and all guests bid goodbye including the princess's old friend.

That night while on bed, Arika smiled and was glad of meeting two persons....Rakhbir and Rehan. She spend thinking about them and slept late.