Chapter 10

Prince Rakhbir and his men were kept in the royal jail. Soon both the kingdoms...Arika's and Rehan's kingdoms together attacked Rakhbir's kingdom and they won. Soon all the kingdoms those were under prince Rakhbir's rule, were freed from his torturous rule and the people happily agreed to see prince Rehan as their new king.

Arika was little disappointed because her power was lost which was given by the mermaid as she disclosed the secret. But nevertheless, she went daily to the lake and talked to the fishes. The mermaid did not show again.

Arika and Rehan mostly went together to inspect about the wellbeing of their new kingdoms. With passage of time, their bonding also became strong and they both began to like each other. But were afraid to show their feelings in front of each other.

Few days later, one afternoon, Arika took Rehan with her, to show her favourite place... magical lake and her fishes near her castle. They sat on the big rock beside the lake and talked a few words starring at the beautiful sparkling fishes. Arika saw her own reflection in the water and wished that if she had her power then she could have known what prince Rehan thought about her......and whether he loves her or not. She wanted to ask him that, from a long time, but was afraid that if he might thought otherwise and their friendship may be lost. She became a bit sad, but loved that calm and quiet moment with him.

After some time, she suddenly saw some movement in the water and was surprised by her sight. It was the mermaid !! She was very happy to see the mermaid after a long time but when she looked at the prince, he was looking at the water camly, she guessed that he the mermaid is not visible to him. Then the mermaid smiled from a distance and winked at her and disappeared into the water.

Just then, she saw something that took her aback....she saw someone's else reflection in the water. The next moment, she realised that it was not a reflection, but an image....looking somewhat different. The image was hers... in which she was wearing a bridal dress and beside her image was prince Rehan's image, in which he dressed like the groom. They both were looking happy in the image. She was overwhelmed, when she realised that, she had her powers and came to know the prince's true wish.

"I love you too, Rehan " told the princess smiling and happiness in her voice. Rehan hugged Arika with love in his eyes and then only their fast paced heartbeats talked in that magical quiet environment.

They both sat there for a while, holding hands and looking at the beautiful sunset with a silent promise lighten in their heart...... of loving each other forever.