Chapter 7

Arika went to Rehan's Kingdom accompanied by some of her guards. He had still not returned.
Arika returned to her home, a bit sad. She saw that everyone were busy with the preparation for the wedding. Rakhbir was also busy talking to her parents. It was late afternoon and Arika called Rakhbir because she wanted to show him her favourite place. So she took him quietly to the lake side.

They both sat on a big rock and Arika showed him her best friend...fishes. They both could see their own reflection on the water surface of the lake. Just then, Arika saw an image on the water surface which shocked her.
She saw that Rakhbir was sitting on her father's thrown like a king and her father, mother and herself were tied up and locked in the castle's basement. She could see the betrayal and cruelty in Rakhbir's eyes. Then the image vanished and this left her scared and shocked. It was hard for her to believe that Rakhbir's real intension was that. She then realised that he was willing to marry her just to acquire her Kingdom. Tears were filled in her eyes. Before Rakhbir could notice her face, she quickly got up and composed her. She told him to return to her castle. Then they went inside the castle and both stood in front of the king and queen. Arika was full of anger at that moment and told her parents, in a loud voice that she would not marry prince Rakhbir.