First Feelings on The Big Day - Chapter One

Hope's POV:
Lunch Time:
*Ring!*
I look down at my phone to see a notification from Instagram: "@jakobdelgadomusic has liked your photo".
I unlocked my phone and scrolled through my Instagram account to see which photo Jakob had liked.
"Omg, Jakob was totally stalking you!" One of my Best Friend's Emily exclaimed.
Jakob had liked a picture from 36 weeks ago!
I blushed.

"Hope Kelson, please report the the principals office immediately with your schoolbag" The school speakers announced.
As I stood up to make my way to the principal's office I saw everyone glance at me, it was quite embarrassing.
I walked through the hallway and I saw Jakob Delgado with his two Best Mates Ethan Karpathy and Chris Lanzon searching through their lockers for something.
I put my head down and rushed past them trying to avoid any eye contact since I found them mega attractive!

Jakob's POV:
"Dude, look who it is" Ethan said in a cheeky tone.
I saw Hope walk past & I blushed.
"You totally like her!" Chris exclaimed.
I just looked at them and laughed, I really couldn't deny my feelings for Hope. She is just drop dead gorgeous!
"Say something to her!" Ethan demanded in a friendly voice.
I rolled my eyes.
"H-hey Hope." I said with a polite smile.
Hope turned around and made eye contact with me. "Hey Jakob." She smiled back.
She continued to walk.
"Wow, real smooth Jakob". Chris said in a smartass like tone.
"I couldn't help it, her smile is just so heart-warming. I could stare at her all day if I got the chance to." I told them.
"OOOO Someone's in loveee" Ethan laughed.
"Oh shut up will you!" I replied back in a joke type of way.

Hopes POV:
Well that was really weird. As I tried to avoid any type of eye contact with the boys Jakob greeted me with a "Hey" and a really nice smile. Damn it his so cute!

I continued my way to the principals office. "Hello Miss Kelson, please take a seat and wait for your mother to arrive." Mr Plamer (The principal) said. I was really confused. Why was my mother picking me up from school early? I waited in a comfy red chair for the next half an hour.

Finally, my mother walked in looking like she was in a huge rush. "Hey honey, let me just sign these forms and we can make our way back home so you can start to get ready."
What?! Get ready for what? Huh? I was soo confused at this point.
My mum made her way out of the principal's office and I followed. "Mum, may I ask, where are we going?" I asked in a confused voice.
"Oh my goodness, HOPE HOW COULD YOU NOT REMEMBER? Your X Factor auditions are today!" She replied in a surprised voice.
OMG! I totally forgot about it! I have no idea of how I could possibly forget about this!

*15 mins later*

I arrived back home and started to get ready for the biggest performance of my life. My outfit consisted of a white lace cropped top, light blue high waisted denim jeans, low top white converse and a gold necklace to tie everything together. Next, I plugged in the curling iron and waited for it to get ready. I am terrified of really hot tools so I always get my older sister Shanon to curl it for me. After my hair & wardrobe were complete I applied some very light makeup on, grabbed my guitar and headed through the door.

The car drive to the arena took about 45 minutes. During the car ride I listened to some music and played candy crush on my phone. Once we arrived to the destination my dad parked the family car and we hopped out to see a HUGE and I mean HUGE crowd of people waiting to audition. "Mum, I don't know if I will make it through, I-I mean look at all these people!"
"Honey, don't doubt yourself! We all know that you are an amazing artist and that you have the potential to go very far in the music industry!" My mum told me.
"Aww, thanks mum, I really don't know what I would do-"... I paused mid way through my sentence.
I thought that I was hallucinating for a second. I saw Ethan, Jakob and Chris waiting in line to audition. OMG?! I could not BELIVE it. I didn't even know that those three boys even sung!

Jakob's POV:
"OMG GUYS!" I screamed.
"What Jakob?" Chris Replied.
"Turn to your right, it's Hope!" I said.
"OMG HAHAH WHAT A COINCIDENCE JAKOB! Your girlfriend is auditioning too!" Ethan mocked.
I could not process the fact that Hope was here. What if she thinks that I am a horrible singer? Ugh I will try not to get too distracted by her.

"Hi, what are your names?" A lady in an "X Factor" T-Shirt questioned.
"We are Ethan Karpathy, Jakob Delgado and Chris Lanzon." Ethan told her.
"Alright cool, and what is your group name?" The lady asked again.
"We are In Stereo" We all said together.
"Okay, you guys are contestants number #4456, please make your way through the doors where you can start to get ready." The lady said.
We made our way through the doors and started to set everything up.

Hope's POV:
About an hour past and I was in the lounge room waiting to perform. I was strumming my guitar to see if it was tuned right. It all seemed good to me. I looked around the large room and I saw so many people that looked really dedicated. It made me have second thoughts about being here. As I looked around the room I saw someone walk towards me. It was Jakob. Oh great I thought.

"Hey Hope, I really didn't expect to see you here! Ethan, Chris and I have entered The X Factor as a group called 'In Stereo'" He told me.
"Oh cool, haha yeah same goes. I hope you guys do well!" I said
"Hope Kelson, please make your way to the stairs." A staff member said.
"Well it looks like it's your turn to sing haha, break a leg out there, good luck!" Jakob wished.
"Thank you so much!" I said making my way to the stairs.

This was it. There was no going back. This audition is life changing! I walked up the stairs and I waited outside the actual stage itself. It was soo anticipating! I waited and waited.
"Okay Hope, your microphone is all set up, please make your way into the stage." A staff member directed.
Okay, this was it.

I started to walk onto the stage. There was a lot of cheering.
"Hi, what's your name?" Guy asked.
"Hey, my name is Hope Kelson, I am 14 years old and I am from a Western Sydney Town called Blacktown." The cheering started again.
"Wow, 14 years of age! Are you ready for the X Factor?" James Blunt questioned.
"Ready as I'll ever be!" I replied.
"I really love that attitude! What song will you be singing for us today?" Danni Minouge asked in glee.
"Today I will be singing 'Thinking out Loud by Ed Sheeran'" I answered back.
"Okay, this is your moment, make it special!" Guy once again said.
*Cheering starts again*
I strummed my guitar and started to sing...
------
I really hope that you guys enjoyed that chapter! It's currently 1:10am lol!
Thank You! x
- Teodora