Part 1

"Gideon!" I said waving my hand, "you-who!" I ran to catch up with him
"He-hey, Mabel," He said, scratching the back of his head, "what uh, what are you doing out here?"
"I just wanted to see what you were up to! So, what are you doing out here?"
"Me?! Oh I'm, uh, you know, just, er, out for a stroll?" He said, obviously lying.
"What's that?" I said, pointing at the journal. Ah, the journal, all we needed was the other one-this one- and we could rule this crummy town!
"Oh! This? It's, uh, just a book I'm reading," he said with a shaky voice.
"What's it about?" I said, rocking back on my heels.
"Oh it's just a book I got from the library. Nothing I think you'd like."
"Ah come on! Gideon let me see! It looks so cool!" I pleaded
"Look Mabel, it's not that I don't trust you, it's just that, I don't trust you. It's just that, you've been lying to me and Pacifica all summer, how do I know you're not lying now?"
"Look, I really want to be friends with you Gideon, I really do. But it's just Dipper, he won't let me," I said, fake tears welling up in my eyes, that was probably the hardest part. "Gideon please!"
"All-alright, here, just-just please be careful," he handed me the journal, with a "3" written on the hand on the cover. A 3 Dipper has one with a "2" on the cover. There are three of them!? Oh, no! Oh no, oh no, oh no! Dipper's going to be so mad!