Confession

--1898--

I was dancing to the slow song at a party in England. My dance partner was a human sadly, and would be a great snack for later.

The song ended and I pulled away, he gave me a wide grin.

"I supose I should go now" I said, turning slightly towards the door "Walk me home?"

"Yes Miss Lyla" He replied. We linked arms and walked outside. We walked down an empty alley towards my house. It'll take a little longer to get there but I sure as hell didn't mind. I stoped and Tucker, the man who I was with did too.

"Is there something the matter?" He asked and I turned away. Great now I was having second thoughts. I just hated having my mind, it always decides to bail at last minute.

When I turned around to face Tucker though he was gone. What the hell, I looked around, turning 360 degrees. I didn't see him anywhere.

I heard something hit the ground and I turned to see Tuckers lifeless body drained of blood. I felt a presence behind me and I didn't even wanna face that way.

I didn't even have to because hands wraped around me quickly and someones mouth was close to my ear I could feel the hot breathe.

"You ate my date thank you very much" I said, He then let go of me and I turned to face the guy, he

had blood dripping from his mouth to his chin.

"You were hesitating" He said with an english accent. I took a step closer to him to get a better look.

He had dark sandy hair and green eyes. I reached up, getting the blood off beside his mouth with my finger. I put my finger in my mouth, tasting the sweet taste of blood, it did taste this good since it was on this stranger.

"Next Time, don't be so sloppy" I said with a smirk, at first he didn't look so satisfied and then he laighed.

"Thank you...?"

"The names Lyla" I said, I held out my hand for him to shake, he put his hand in mine and held it just perfect. His hand was so warm and soft.

"The names Niklaus.. but you can call me Klaus" He said, moving my hand to his mouth kissing the top.

---Present Day----

Last night was just a blur, I drank to much and I was now walking through the Smokey Mountains with a hangover with Klaus and Stefan. Stefan had Ray over his shoulder, Rays the werewolf from the bar yesturday.

'You ok? Is Ray getting heavy?" Klaus asks my brother while we walk up hill.

"I'm fine"

"You sure about that? You know, we've been walking for quite some time now. If you need some water or a little sit-down..." Klaus says trailing off. I know what Stefan wants to say but I know he won't.

"You know, I get that we're all, uh... we're all stuck together, but if we could maybe just skip the chitchat with you Klaus, it'd be great" I said, Klaus galnced back at me with a smirk. But I can see the glint in his eye that he wasn't too imbressed with what I said.

"Lyla, your brothers so much brooding. His self-loathing is suffocating him, you didn't have to say that. He was actually probably about to tell me that. Right Stefan?"

" Or Maybe it's 'cause I'm a little tired of hunting werewolves. We've been at it all summer"

"Thanks to our pal Ray, we found ourselves a pack. There"

We all stop. Theres a bunch of people setting up tents and such. Stefan and I enter there camp area and everyone looks at us. Stefan puts Ray on the ground.