Chapter 2

“Today class, we are going to tell the difference between an intermolecular and an intramolecular.” Mr Kennedy drowned to the class. Several people in the class complained audibly but nevertheless quieted down to their teacher. His face was lined and he was nearly bald only leaving a crown of white hair on his head. Mr Kennedy was an old man, most of the time he normally forgets what he’s saying in a mid-sentence. Winter propped her head against her head and muffled a groan. She hated Chemistry; it was one of the most boring classes in the whole school program. Slowly Mr Kennedy turned his back on the class and everyone began mumbling once more. Winter felt a tap on her shoulder. With an annoyed look she turned around to face the guy with sandy blonde hair and dark blue eyes which contrasted to her pale blue eyes.

“You seem bored, Jordan.” Callum commented with a sneer. Worst of all for her, Winter had to sit in front of the guy she absolutely hates.  Callum Lynch wasn’t a person to meddle with, his physique of a jock and his height made him intimidating.

“And you care why?” she replied with an eye roll and turned back to face the front of the classroom.  Callum snorted behind her which only made her silently glare at the textbook on her desk. The minutes began to tick and all throughout the lesson Winter felt Callum’s gaze on the back of her head. She was used to it now because he constantly did it from the beginning of the year. Callum’s power wasn’t something that anyone would want to experience. He could sense people’s fears and make them relive it as much as he pleases. Winter and her friends have seen this happen around the playground when they were little. When the kids would accidently bump into him they would most likely end up crying while Callum just found it funny and entertaining. So far he has failed to try and find her fear which she is amused about.

After what seemed like years the bell rang again to signal them to leave for lunch. As quick as everyone else, Winter got up from her chair and began to head towards the door until a hand stopped her. Frustrated she spun on her toes to look at Callum’s face. He was several inches taller than her so his shadow shaded her eyes from the sun.

“What do you want Callum?” Winter wanted to get out of this classroom as soon as possible.

Callum crossed his arms and smirked, his dark blue eyes giving a rebellious glint.

“Why do you hate me so much?” Winter raised her eyebrow and snorted.

“Seriously? Do you really want me to answer that?”

She turned her back to him and tried to walk out the door but his grip didn’t budge from her hand. Winter felt her blood boil and she didn’t like that feeling. His hands were considerably warmer than hers and it was making her feel uncomfortable. Winter felt Mr Kennedy looking curiously at them which made her frown even more.

Winter’s gaze fell onto his hands and she felt repulsed. She made her free hand turn to ice and hit his hand so fast that he flinched and withdrew his hand. Callum glared down at her clearly not happy about Winter hitting his hand. Without another word Winter walked out of the classroom and into the cafeteria leaving Callum clutching his hand that was now red.

************************

“What took you so long?” Sammy asked while digging into her salad.

Winter sighed before saying . “Don’t even ask. Callum is in one of his weird moods again.”

Leon tensed at his name. “What the heck did Callum do this time?”

“Just asked me a question, that’s all.” She replied shaking her head. “Really don’t know what’s gotten into him.”

Leon seemed to think about it for a moment before returning to his sandwich. Sammy rolled her eyes at him and gave Winter a look. Boys, read her gaze. Winter smiled and shrugged.