Chapter 16- Diagnosed

Sorry guys I've been so busy with my athletics and school. Last week I was on camp all week and I try and update as much as I can.

RYDER'S POV

Mason soon fell asleep and about 10minutes later a doctor came in looking like there is bad news.

"I'm sorry Ms Walker but you have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and cancer. We will have to start you on chemo soon but luckily the cancer hasn't spread while you've been in a coma."

I was shocked, scared and upset all at once. What could happen if cemo doesn't work?

"Thank you Dr Albino."

Mason was still asleep when Dr Albino told me the news.

I grabbed my phone which was on the little bedside table and texted Jake quickly.

R- hi jake

J- hi Ryder, what's up?

R- well I just found out that I've been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and something else

J- wow you barely have sugar though, what was the something else?

R- Cancer...

Mason started stirring from his sleep.

"Afternoon sleepy head" I chuckled at the last part.

"Afternoon Ryder, what's with the gloomy face?"

"Oh... I just found out I have type 2 diabetes and... cancer"

"I'm sorry, you will survive the cancer and I promise. How bad has it spread?"

"Not much, because I was in a coma it hadn't spread. But I'll be having my first chemo session today I think."

Ding, I think that would be Jake texting me back.

J- I'm on my way, I hope your okay :(

R- yeah I am, thanks Jake. It was a bit of a shock but I'm all good know. I'll be starting chemo today

J- okay, I'll be there for you, also Jace kinda found out so he is coming to. Is that alright?

R- yeah it's ok, I've got Mason with me right now. Cya soon xx

J- cya Ry Ry xx

"Who was that Ryder?"

"Oh it was just Jake, I told him the news before you woke up. His coming over know with Jace too, coz he found out."

"Ok Ryder."

Hi guys, I'm sorry it's a short chapter but I've been really busy with school, school camp, athletics, training and completions for athletics. I'll try and update more and try to make my chapters longer but when I'm not free it's really hard. Thank you guys XD