What Is It About Hospitals?

Seth POV

This was soo not good. That doctor had dragged the girls into his office, leaving me and Zach alone.

It was bad enough till we heard the gun shot and then the smoke alarm went off not long after. In all the commotion we were dragged outside with the crowd, the exact opposite of where we wanted to be. Cammie and Alexa didn't come out.

Zach swore loudly and punched the side of the building where we were instructed to line up. I rolled my eyes and pulled him away from it by grabbing the top of his arm. He shoved me away and glared.

"We have to go back in there." He pointed to the hospital doors just as two doctors were coming out with unconscious female patients on gurneys. I shook my head and bit the inside of my cheek, I had forgotten how much of a jerk Zach was when we were alone together.

"I doubt that's possible, besides I think we should call Townsend don't you?" I asked, pulling out my phone and hoping it wasn't broken. The screen was cracked but it still mostly worked so I dialed his number and put the phone to my ear. It was ringing for what seemed like an eternity before he answered.

"Seth?" He asked, I told him it was me and about our current situation. He was silent all the way through as I spoke about the hospital and Bex and Jack. Once I was finished he sighed heavily.

"What should we do?" I questioned, glancing at Zach to see him checking for tails.

"Using the GPS I placed in your phones I tracked you to what looks like a pharmacy near a storage unit, I assume that is where you were going for a van?" His brief pause signals me to 'um-hum' and he continued. "So we're there now, there is one unit with a van in it, and Liz says it's perfect for us. You need to meet us at the entrance to Caster village, got that?" I scrunched up my face in confusion and Zach walked closed to me and gave me a what's-wrong look, I hushed him.

"What about Cammie and Alexa?" I demanded.

"We'll discuss that once we're all together, we can't lose you two as well." He said, I could hear him pacing.

"No, the whole point of this was that they were who the Circle Of Cavan was after, how is abandoning them going to help?!" I practically yelled down the phone. Before I could say more, the phone was pulled from my hand by a fuming Zach.

"You can be serious!" There was a buzz from the other side of the phone that was Townsend talking, but I couldn't make out what he was saying. "How about... No! I'm not going to leave them... I don't... Why?... Oh for the love of... I'll hand you back now." He begrudgingly thrust the phone back into my hand and folded his arms defiantly.

"Please listen, we all need to make a plan together..." I decided I'd heard enough and hung up, Zach looked at me gratefully.

"Inside?" He suggested, I nodded and followed, despite she shouts from staff. Inside didn't look any different only it was now deserted, and the room the girls had been in was open. Zach ran ahead and in the door. His loud swearing told me enough. They weren't there.

"What happened?" I asked when I had accompanied him into the office, it looked like a fight had happened. I coughed a couple of times harshly and realised it was hard to breath, gas. Zach covered his mouth with his shirt sleeve and backed out the door with me and into the main foyer. "I don't get how they managed to make it out without us seeing, the windows looked closed and there was no other exits...

"God damnit!" Zach yelled. Where the hell were they? I thought.

"Let's think of this objectively." I said desperately. "The gas means they must have been unconscious, right? So they must have had to take them out..."

"What?" Zach looked back at me from the room when I stopped talking.

"When everyone was coming outside, I noticed these two doctors take two girls out on gurneys before all the others, they could have been on them." I cursed my stupidity and we hurriedly went outside. They couldn't be seen anywhere.

Before Zach could open his mouth to say something an ambulance drove past from the back of the hospital, nothing unusual except the man in the passenger seat hand a bullet through his head and the driver didn't seem to care.

We looked in each others eyes and simultaneously ran to the car park, since my knowledge of cars was adequate at best I let Zach choose the most practical one. He jimmied open the door and stepped aside so I could jump start the engine. Once it was running he got in the drivers seat and I slid over the hood and yanked open door.

I guess none of us knew for certain that they were in that ambulance but it was our best shot so before I'd even had time to shut my door Zach hit the gas and sped off after the ambulance fading into the distance.