Chapter 12 ~ "Running And Hiding..."

**I owe you people a long chapter after that boring old short chapter so...here you go!**

(7:36am, Tuesday)

I stepped onto school grounds and entered the building. It was busy and crowded...as usual... I looked at Melanie and Delanie and then, "THERE SHE IS! IT'S THAT BI--", but they got cut off because the teacher tried to calm them down and also because, I ran away. I quickly opened my locker. . .

One... Two... Three... 29....
One... 12...
8...

I quickly took my binders and books--- "Yowch!", I yelped. The pointy sides of the binder hit the exact spot where I put my newest scar. Everyone was awkwardly looking at me, "Nothing--happened...", I muttered... and then, they resumed to their usual morning at school routine.

Briiiiiiiiing!

--4 Hours Later...--

(9:39am, Tuesday)

Finally... Lunch...

I sat at my usual sad little corner near my locker and near the smelly garbage can... Nobody would find me casually sitting here... I took my peanut butter sandwich and started to nom and nom.

--"Hey, Evie..."

Is that. . .who I think it is. . . ? "Go away, Benjamin Dillingham...", I spat angrily. "You know, I was looking for... Yvette Wanders...you know where she is...?", Ben grinned at me. I looked at him with bloodshot eyes..."She's not here. Go look somewhere else..."

Ben grabbed my hand, "Oh really...? What if I...look in here--", and he grabbed my peanut butter sa-- "Wait! Give it back, Benjamin Dillingham!". "Nah...tell me where Yvette Wanders is.", Ben jokingly flinged my sandwich from side to side... "Benjamin Dillingham! I will tell on you! Now, give the sandwich BACK...". I gave him my seriously life-threatening, deadly death-stare. Many people would fall and die right on the spot with one look at my death-stare.

"Haha, you look cute!"

Cute ...? Cute...? Cute...? I'll show you cute. I took the garbage can and threw it at him as hard as I could, knocking him dead. But, he seemed invincible and he FREAKING DODGED my can! He finally grabbed my arm and squeezed it tight. Oh no...he's going to hurt me... it's going to bleed...it's going to make my sweater damp! And he'll suspect something is up! I need to stop him!

"Stop it, Ben! You're hurting my arm!", I complained. Ben looked at me, "Why should I? Normally, you wouldn't scream or flinch when I got hold of your arm. You would always like a challenge, wouldn't you?", and with that, he squeezed my arm even more...

It's bleeding... I could feel the blood escaping my body. Help me... "STOP! IT'S HURTING!", I cried. Ben still held on, "This is just the beginning, Evie. Normally, you would be thinking of a fighting plan right about now.".

That's it...

A FIGHTING PLAN!

I brainstormed and finally got this idea to fight with my right arm...that way... it won't hurt and bleed as much! I went in for a punch---

He's squeezing harder. . .and harder. . .

"You JERK!", I screamed at him and knocked him out dead. But, he's still...he's still...he's still standing...no...
Stop! Please just die already! He looked at his hand...no... there was blood on his hand... I looked at my sweater...the blood had soaked through the red cotton...no... he's going to figure it out... he's going to figure it out!

I ran as fast as I could and stopped at the girl's restroom. . .I could wash up my sweater... run my scars in cold water so it wouldn't bleed anymore. . .
whoosh...scrub...scrub...quickly... Now... to roll up my sleeve and run cold water...

It burns...

Scrub...scrub...Argh! Why do scars hurt in the frost?! I finally exited the restroom and then...

Sarah Silverstone and Benjamin...

Why were they waiting outside...?

This could mean only one thing...they know about my scars and plan to suicide...

What do I do now?!