Like Mother, Like Daughter

Tsurugi whistled as he continued cooking dinner. Burger steak with a flower egg on top as the side dish was perfect for tonight since they've been having vegies for quite some time now. He turned off the stove and put the food on the plate. Then, he prepared the table and started making some juice.

Loud thumping was heard. And when he glanced behind him, he saw his daughter of 8 years panting while holding a paper. He raised a brow. "What's wrong?" he asked.

The young child seemed to flinch. "Uh..." she quickly hid the paper behind her back. She glanced down to the floor and her face was red. "I have a surprise," she said.

Tsugugi wiped his hands on some cloth and then approached her, crouching down when he was finally in front of her. "What is it?" he asked.

She sucked in a breath and brought out the paper close to his face. "I got one hundred in a math test!!" she said.

Tsurugi widened his eyes and slowly took the paper. He couldn't believe it. Never in his childhood years did he get a one hundred in his math test. Not at all. Then he realized... I'm married to Lalaya, this should be normal, right??

From what he remembered during his first few years of dating her, she told him stories of how she was top of her class and how her favorite subject was math. She even kept all of her test scores!

Looking back now, Tsurugi unconsciously smiled. He put the paper down and patted his daughter's head. "Great job, Hana-chan," he said. "You did very well."

Hana giggled. Tsurugi stopped patting her head then stood up. "Looks like Burger steak and Apple Ice Tea was the perfect dinner after all," he said.

Excited, Hana ran to the table. "Burger steak!!" she cheered.

Tsurugi chuckled. "Like mother like daughter," he said and slowly walked to the dining table while carrying the pitcher holding their drinks.

O_O_O_O_O_O

Well, I'm back!! I think... But, please enjoy this little chapter that I enjoyed making and I hope you enjoy reading it! :D Okay, I'll stop now.

Thanks for reading!!!