Chapter 8

Cameron's POV

I swim to the shoreline, as fast as I could. Looking around hastily, looking to see where Sky was. I see an ambulance truck drive off. I run faster than my legs can take me chasing after it, but its too late.

I start slowing down, giving up. As the the truck, moves further into the horizon.

This is all my fault, I got to her too late. I could of saved her. What if she doesn't live?

I feel so heartbroken, yet so angry at myself. Everything's my fault, why didn't I get to her in time.

I grab our things, and run over to my truck. Hopefully they took her to nearest hospital.

I pull up into the parking lot, getting the nearest parking available. I run through the doors, looking for the reception. I get to the counter and ask out of breath.

"Is Sky here. She probably just came in with the Ambulance?"

The lady looks over at me with a sour face. "Yes Sir she did, but at this moment there are no visitors allowed in."

"Can I see her soon? Or at all." I say with tears in my eyes and a break in my voice.

"All I can do is take your name and number." She says passing a paper and pen over to me.

"Would you like to do that?" She asks with uncertainty.

All I can do is nod my head, I can't bare to speak any words. I leave my name and number, on the sheet of paper. Then walk off.

I put my face in my palms, trying to hold back the tears.

-

I seemed to have fallen asleep. Many more people have came in since the last time.

I walk over to the front desk. "Hi am I able to see Sky now."

"Are you Cameron?" The lady asks pulling her glasses down, looking at me.

"Yeah that's me."

"Alright, since you aren't family I'm afraid you can't go in." She says with stare

"Do you know any of her family? We need to get into contact with them." She asks worryingly.

"She might have left her phone in my car, I'll quickly go get that." I say running out to my truck.

I open the door, I see her phone on the passenger seat. I press the home screen of the phone, she has lots of missed call and text from her mother.

I recall the missed call.

"SKY?! ARE YOU ALRIGHT? WHERE ARE YOU DARLING." She says with a panic and sadness in her voice.

I take a deep breath, closing my eyes.

"It's Cam, one of Sky's friends. She's in the hospit- before I could finish her mom cut me off.

"WHICH HOSPITAL?" She says almost screaming at the phone

"The one, nearest the off shore pier."

"I'll be there right away. Keep the phone with you, if I need to get in contact with you." She says with a crack in her voice.

"I will." I say hanging up

I sit back down in the seat, what am I going to say. Sky hardly knows me. I was the one that caused her to get hit. It was my board. Shit.

I bang my head on the steering wheel, looking at it with regret in my eyes.