Sour Taste (Chp 10)

Prom was amazing :) high school is hard

James' POV 10

I looked into her eyes sensing regret.

"James you should've just run away with me you still can" She whispered. I sighed brushing my hand through my hair.

"It's not that easy you can't just leave"

"Yeah I know" I regretted that mistake not going with her. She was the one person I had fallen in love with. And I chose this life over her over my happiness.

"I miss you so much" I admitted looking right into her eyes. Immediately she broke down into tears I wanted to hold her and comfort her but I knew that I couldn't. Even if I was next to her I knew I couldn't hold her after everything. I had no right to.

"After Will, after the murder, after this I don't I just I don't know if I can anymore" She kept trying to explain but her tears wouldn't allow her to.

"I'm sorry Elena I really am"

"Don't please not today" I decided to let it rest seeing that she had been through so much in such little time.

"The agent will arrive in ten minutes" She nodded and before any goodbyes could be exchanged she had hung up on me. A loud cough was heard and I turned my head upwards.

"Sir, they're ready for you?" Nodding I quickly shut the laptop and walked out the door followed by my body guard. Sitting there I listened to requests, advice, and protests but nothing seemed to stick. Only her.

Harry's POV

We waited patiently until I decided that I needed to check up on her. I opened the door quietly and there she was holding herself while crying. My hand took hold of the knob and shut the door. I needed to give her time although she was going to have a lot of it.

"She's asleep now leave her be" They looked confused but agreed to leave. They headed downstairs and I decided to stay in the hall walking back and forth. Now I stood in front of door my knuckles about to hit the door when another knock was heard downstairs. I turned around and began to head downstairs to the knock.

"Who the hell do you think you are?!"

"When the hell were you in charge?!"

"I don't care what James said!" Jogging over I found Liam, Niall, and Zayn arguing with the man in the suit. I pushed myself through them and looked the man in the eyes.

"Problem?"

"James sent me here the reason why I can't say. But from now on I will also be looking after Elena" As I was about to step away Niall stopped me.

"Mate you can't just trust him like that" He was right once again I stood in front of him trying to find something that would ensure me that he was with James. There it was the silver watch the one that had convinced me turn to him.

~Flashback~

"Ahh you must be Harry" I nodded but I didn't look into his eyes only to the side. My feet kicked a few pebbles my hands dug into my pockets.

"You can turn back you still have time." With all my courage I looked up into his dark eyes.

"I'm just not sure yet" His rough hand immediately took a hold of mine and held it open. A cold clacking item fell onto my hand. Looking down I noticed a watch something I wouldn't be able to afford regardless of how much money I would save it would never be enough.

"This is life it gives you everything now tell me what is there not to be sure about?" I stared at him blankly and once I processed everything I agreed. He was right this life was for me. This life would make me happy.

~End of Flashback~

Nodding I let him in and without a word he hurried upstairs. I followed quickly behind him as the rest of the boys

"Which room?"

"The one at the end of the hall" Lou responded quickly. Without another word he opened it an closed it behind us. Leaving us confused and wondering what he was going to do.

Elena's POV

My head immediately shot up as I heard the door slam shut. Before I could say anything familiar eyes stood in front of me. His hands caressed my cheeks as he wiped away the remaining tears.

"I came back" Once I heard his voice I dreaded that moment. My hands soon held his face and I nodded in disapproval. I had told him to never return. To not find me. But here he was the first person I had thought loved. The one who I had to give up because he was no longer safe.

"You weren't suppose to, Will."