Night Skies (Chp 16)

Harry's POV 16

My eyes opened to the sudden movement in the bed. Sitting up I noticed the girl before me gasping for breath. The sun had still not risen we still had time to dream in pure bliss. But there was no moment of serenity for her there wouldn't be one for a while. Her dreams would lead her to the dark memories she pushed away during the day. They would haunt her and let her know that these memories weren't really dreams. These dreams were true nightmares that she would face every time she closed her eyes.

My fingers slipped between hers and she gripped onto my fingers. I whispered sweet nothings hoping she would realize it was a nightmare not a reoccurring event. Her breath steadied and slowly I draped the sheets over us. We faced each other her eyes without a glint of courage or fight. She faced me but saw nothing. I faced her and saw everything she kept hidden. The pain. The happiness. Everything that she would never share with anyone even in her last moments. But something like that made you numb it made her feel like there was no point to hiding. Your nothing anyways why hide? My hand, without much thought, caressed her cheek slowly. Her eyes closed to the sudden motion and I just kept repeating my actions. Soon my movement ceased and my eyes began to feel heavy. I allowed the dreams to cloud my mind and closed my eyes.

As I woke up from the sun burning through my eyes I noticed my arm wrapped around her protectively. She didn't face the sun so she was still sleeping allowing herself to avoid stares of pity of regret. Nothing has been heard from the boys it seemed like the house had been left empty for us. My hand traced smooth patterns along her arm creating small goosebumps to arise. She turned so that her face was facing my chest she breathed steadily as her body took in my scent. It had been years since I felt this type of affection. Affection. Something I longed but never asked for it. After I left I made my choice to be on my own I had myself to depend on. Girl after girl sex seemed like a routine not something I enjoyed. My urges died down when James assigned me to this case. I had to watch her weeks on end. It started out terribly my conscience telling me that I couldn't do this but my mind continually asking me what would I be doing instead of this? Nothing because I had no one. My conscience soon disappeared and so did my sympathy. That's why taking her wasn't so hard but seeing her suffer made my mind clouded. My conscience and mind mixed together like bananas and squash something that should never be mixed. What if she was my sister? But what if I let her go and she hurts my family? She only wants us then why hasn't she killed us? What if she dies while we keep her here?

I shook my head shaking of the thoughts and in the process I woke her. She opened her eyes lazily and just stared at my chest.

"Hi" I whispered softly as if afraid someone would find out about what I was thinking and what I was doing right now. Asking her how she was seemed useless and stupid so I tried something different.

"Would you like breakfast?" She just stared at me numbly for a while and suddenly stood up and walked to the bathroom closing the door behind her. I stood up, to the surprising movement, making my way to the bathroom. My hand moved back and forth trying to open the door. Panic rushed through my veins and I began to think the worse.

"Elena, open the door" I was responded to with silence which only caused me to worry.

"Elena, please" The thump of the lock being opened wasn't heard only water running. Before this got out of hand I decided to would barge in there. One kick and the door was down there she stood standing in the shower bare in front of me. Her body red from rubbing to hard. She tried to wash that feeling of nothing away. Not even the most heartless person would want to feel like nothing.

She didn't take in my presence in and continued to brush harshly on every part of her body. Walking forward I took the bath sponge from her throwing it across the room. My hands pulled her close to me ignoring the fact that she was bare that she was weak.