Life goes on!

Continuation of Short story " Betrayal" from the point of view of his wife.

Two months,

yes it's been two months since my world fell apart. Both me and Vinoth had a nice happy marriage or that's what I thought.

I begin to notice the changes in him . He's acting strangely for the past for one week. He came home late at nights .

One evening at shopping mall, everything got cleared. I took Rahul to buy some books and colour pencils when I spotted Vinoth with a young girl. He wrapped his arm around her waist and walked away with lot of shopping bags.
I understand why He is distancing himself from me.

The next day , while having breakfast, I asked him " Do you love her?" with a hope that He will say I misunderstood him. But no, He agreed his relation with her. He cheated on me. Without any shame or disgust , he claims to love her.

My heart had shattered into pieces and so had my life. I felt like my world is falling apart. I can't believe Vino would do something like that to me. That too when I am pregnant.
I was planning to tell him yesterday but then I saw him with that girl. So, I refrained from doing so.
I composed myself and asked him about the girl.

" We met at a bar. It was supposed to be a one night stand but she earned feeling for me and so I did to. she wants me to leave you and Rahul. I want divorce"

Exactly at that time, Rahul came in. I faked my smile and asked him to get ready for school. Once he left, I asked Vinoth to stay with us for a month before I sign those divorce papers.

I loved him. I loved him so much that I was even ready to forgive him if he told me that he cheated on me by mistake. But he said he loves her. He even blamed me for our falling apart.

I'm the one who was willing to love his perfection and his flaws, but he wasn't...but, maybe, just maybe he does care and this was only out of the spur of the moment and it was all a big mistake. I think it over some more and convince myself that this is all just a big misunderstanding and he is going to say sorry to me and ask for a chance. So, I waited for him patiently the whole month to apologize to me, but to my disappointment he simply walks away. Leaving me with our son. I didn't tell him about my pregnancy. I mean what difference it is going to make. He is very much into her that he never even thought of why I am distancing myself or why I looks tired.

A month passed. On last day, I kised him for one last time. As promised , I signed those divorce papers. I didn't tell Rahul about divorce . but I just told him that his father is moving away from us for his job.

I don't need Vinoth. I can grow my kids without his help. I am an independent working woman.

"Don't cry, don't you dare cry," I forcefully whispered to myself even though I want nothing more to burst into tears, but I won't. I'm not shedding a tear over Vinoth. It was not my fault, anyways.

I thought My marriage with him as a true friendship. But apparently not. It has just fallen apart .
I thought that Vinoth would be a good friend and companion for life, never judge me like ever, but I can't rewind time. I wish I could, and then I would change my life completely.

From now on, I want nothing to do with Vinoth whatsoever .

A few days had passed. I stayed at my dad's. He was pleased to have me home for a few days, but couldn't understand why I was in such a grumpy mood. I just lied to him as I don't want to worry him.

I got immersed in my work to distract myself . Dad take good care of Rahul.

We returned back to our home after feeling better . whatever happens, Life has to go on. I need to live for my kids .
After two weeks,
It's sunday morning. I am resting on the couch . Door bell rang.