Prologue

Kaytlyn's POV

"Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten! Ready or not, here I come!" I giggled running from the kitchen to the living room, trying to find everyone. I tiptoed through the door, trying not to be heard. As I did this I saw a bit of beautifully blonde hair sticking out from behind the couch. I giggled and jumped behind the black leather couch "Gotcha Lukey!" I yelled wrapping my small arms around him. "Not fair! You're cheating!" Luke pouted trying to seem sad but failing almost instantly "I sowwy Lucas, Let's find everone else!" I said standing up to help Luke from the floor.

We started to crawl around the room searching for feet or giggles escaping mouths when we heard a loud thud coming from behind the curtains at the window. Luke and I rushed over to investigate what had happened. "Fuck" said the boy from behind the curtain "LIZ! MIKEY SWORE!" Ashton yelled, jumping out from behind the door" He was always the one to give up his hiding place if anyone did anything they shouldn't. Just then, there was a laugh from the washing basket beside the TV "Liz isn't home you retard!" Yelled Calum, slaping Ashton's head "Hey! Don't hurt the poor boy!" I said shocked at Calum's actions. I crawled over to the small curley haired boy and hugged him. I know that I may come across as overreacting but the last time Calum playfully punched his shoulder, Ashton came to school the next day with a black eye and bruised sides, I was shocked at the sight, was he beaten up? I never found out.

"You okay Ashy bear?" I asked sweetly "Yeah, I'm fine." he replied staring into space. I could tell he wasn't...

A/N CRINGE ATTACK! I'm such a terrible writer but anyway, this is my new book called "Depression" and the next chapter will be longer... I SWEAR!
Thanks for reading
- Logan x