New Ending Chapter:2

New Ending Chapter: 2

I hated this. Living at a boy's home was worse than I even thought it would be. We had to eat at certain times every day, we did 'Character Building Activities', and I only got to see Soda and Darry once every two weeks. Already I tried to climb out the window, start a fight, and pretty much anything to get out of this stinking place. It was mostly filled with orphans, abused kids, and drug addicts. The worst part, though, was that they didn't let me smoke. There were so many times that I wanted a weed, but I couldn't smoke in here because of 'health concerns'. There were a couple times that Soda snuck me a weed to smoke out back. I didn't dare tell Darry, though, he was trying to get me to stop smoking. How's a guy supposed to deal with his stress?

I was going to the bathroom when I noticed something different. It was kind of like one detective movie I'd seen. It was about this guy in jail, and one day he noticed that a poster was moved. So, he moved it off the wall and seen a secret exit! Darry got mad at me for watching that movie, because I was supposed to be working on a school assignment. I thought that the mirror was crooked, so I gave it a little pull. The mirror pulled right off of the wall! Behind the mirror there was a note. The note told me that there was going to be a meeting tonight behind the home at 8:20. Lights out was at 9:00 and we had free time from 8:00-9:00. The 'parents', that's what we had to call them, wouldn't suspect a thing. Golly, this sure was exciting. I'm finally going to get outta this place.

At 8:19 I was waiting outside for the meeting. Suddenly there were boys coming in from every direction. Most of them were older than me, like sixteen and seventeen.

"Who's this kid?" one of the boys asked.

"Yea, why's he here?" another one added.

"Name's Pony, Ponyboy Curtis." I answered

"Wanna get out?" The first boy asked.

"Sure thing." I replied eagerly.

The boys all got in a circle and started to explain the plan. We would wait until lights out, then, after the parents leave, we would run out of a door. The door would be held open by a rock that Keith, the oldest boy, would put there on our way in.

It's almost time to leave, but I have a bad feeling in my guts. Man I would kill for a weed right now. One of the boys lets out a low whistle followed by a high pitch. I taught them that. Suddenly we're off.

We are all grabbing our bags when Keith lets out a loud whisper. "The rocks gone. The doors locked!"

Oh no, this was not good. We try to open the door, but we hear footsteps.

"Quick, hide!" a boy yells.

We all jump into our beds just as one of our 'moms' walks in. She looks around suspiciously, but then she walks away. When the door closes we resume trying to open the locked door. One of the boys declare that it's open. There's nothing stopping us now. The metal mass opens and I shoot out of the home like a bullet.

'Man they really should have put up a fence.' I think to myself. 'Someone could escape!' I laugh at my own comment silently. Finally, I had escaped the boys' home! Now I could go to my real home.