Chapter 1.

"Morning Becca, had fun last night?" I greeted Becca with a huge grin.

Rebecca's my best friend or my only closest friend after I moved into this city and started working in the cafe.

Becca's a very pretty girl. I've always envied her. She looks really beautiful with her black hair and green eyes.

I just have brown wavy hair and dark blue grey eyes and just 5"4 tall unlike Becca who's 5"8. It was not that I wasn't satisfied with my appearance I was happy with what I had.

"Well, it was the worst date of my life. He just kept making moves on me the whole night. Desperate prick." She said with a shudder and I laughed.

So far I liked working at the cafe. I got a decent wage and could make ends meet.

I made good friends. But Becca was the closest one I had. I worked here from 8am to 7.30 pm. I was happy with what I had now, with my work here, I was contented.

"Girls! There are customers to wait for. Get moving!" Shouted Mr. Sanders. He's our boss at the cafe.

"Okay sir" we chorused. I approached a table where a man was seated. He seemed to be talking animatedly on the phone. He wore a suit and screamed of money and power.

"Excuse me sir. May I take your order?"
He ignored me and continued talking on the phone.

"Whatever happens don't let go of that deal. Do you understand?"
"Sir?"
"What?" He snapped.
"I asked if I could take your order." Now my patience was wearing thin.
"Black coffee, make it quick." he dismissed me immediately and continued talking on the phone.

Spoilt rich brat I thought.
I gave the order to Todd. He makes the best coffee here. "Done." He smiled and place it on the counter. I placed it on a tray and muttered thanks.

Seemed like Mr. Arrogant was still engrossed in the conversation. He was facing the other side.

"Excuse me sir, here's your order." He didn't seem to hear me. Which annoyed me a bit.
I cleared my throat. Still nothing.

Forget it, let me just keep the coffee on the table I thought. As I was about to place the coffee on the table, Mr. Arrogant suddenly turned causing the steaming coffee to spill on this expensive suit.

"What the hell have you done?!" He yelled.
"I'm so sorry ! I didn't mean to." I apologized.

"What's going on here?" Mr Sanders asked. Great. Now boss is gonna kill me. This would surely cost me my job.

"Can't you see? Are you blind? You've ruined my suit. This suit is very expensive. It costs as much as your house." He continued to yell.
I cringed at his words. But something about that made my blood boil.

I was furious. "If you would've paid attention, this wouldn't have happened! I did call you several times but all you did was ignore me and talk on that damn phone!"

His face morphed into one of rage. If looks could kill I would be six feet underground.

Mr Sanders spoke up, " That's it Brooks. Your fired."