Chapter 39: The break down

We named our miracle Hadley Faye. I'm in the hospital bed and I have my arms wrapped around Caspar. SHe was born way too early. SHe has some breathing problems as well as in risk if hypothermia. They are going to have to come and see if skin on skin contact will help her. SHe will most likely be in the NICU for a month or until he gets better. They monitoring her weight. Joe and Veronica were asleep in the chair and josh went home. It is 5am and I can't sleep. I just want to hold her. To be her mum. I kissed Caspar's jaw line and played with his ring. I opened his eyes.
"You ok?" He whispered. I shrugged.
"None if this is your fault fin, Shes ours. Our baby. I won't let anything happen to her and you won't either. SHe will heal."
"She's just a baby."
"She is. And your her mother and I'm her father."
"I need you." I say. He kisses me and wrapped his arms around me.
"I promise everything will be ok." He kissed me again before we fell asleep.

There was a knock at the door. Veronica and Caspar walked in with breakfast.
"I'm not hungry." I wave it away.
"Finley, you haven't eaten in a while." Joe says.
"Just a little bit." Caspar says.
"I'm not hungry." I turn over.
"Someone is here to see you." Veronica says. I looked up.
"Who?" Annie walked in.
"Annie!" I say. She ran into me with her arms open.
"I missed you." I say.
"I missed you too. How's Hadley?"
"I don't know." I say.
"I'm sorry shark." She says.
"She's going to be ok." I say.
"Yes she will."
"I missed you so much." She says.
"How is Africa?"
"Beautiful as always." She says.
"Just like you." Joe says to Veronica.
"Ugh." Veronica moans in disgust. We laughed. A nurse walked in.
"Ready?" She asked.
"Yes." I say.

I sat down in a chair next to the incubator. Caspar hovered over me.
"She's absolutely gorgeous." Caspar says. She had a feeding tube and oxygen.
"Of course she is. She's ours." He smiled. I reached in and she curled her hand around my pinky finger. She yawned.
"Awe." I say. Caspar kissed my forehead and some tears fell down my cheek.
"She'll be out of here in no time." Nurse Kelley said.
"I hope so." I say.
"You want to try and see if she'll feed?" I nodded. She walked over to the incubator. She opened it and softly picked her up and put her in my arms. We just sat there. Bonding and growing together. For what felt like hours.

We were discharged and went home. We have been at the hospital a week now. We were both getting lots a tweets about how our video wasn't up and my vlogs were not up. Caspar and I decided to sit down and talk about what has happened in the last couple of weeks. He set up the camera.
"You ready?"
"Yeah." I nodded.
"Hey guys." He says.
"We've been through a rough couple of weeks."
"Bitter and sweet." I say.
"We have been nagging both of us about of videos and we are going to explain what exactly is going on.
"We did have our daughter. On May 5th." I say.
"She was born prematurely at 30 weeks." He says.
"I had to have an emergency c-section because her heart rate was dropping and she had her umbilical cord wrapped around her head."
"When she was born we didn't get to see her."
"They took her straight to the NICU."
"And we have been at the hospital ever since. We got discharged today but she still there."
"And won't be coming home for a little while."
"But our little miracle was named Hadley Faye Lee."
"3 pounds 6 ounces." Caspar says.
"She is our everything."
"She's got blond hair. Blue eyes." He says.
"Will you insert that picture?" I ask. He nods. We continued the whole story.