Chapter Three- The beginning.

"Sam! What the hell? We need to go and find help!" I yelled. In front of us later an overturned bus lit-on fire.  

"No! We can't. The only way we can go and get help is if we run past the bus. There could be a chance we could catch alight Blue. Think about it."  

I couldn't though. What if someone was trapped in there?  

"Come on. We need to go the other way to school. We will ring the police on the way."  

As soon as those words left Sam's mouth we heard cracking sounds. Almost like breaking glass.  

"Oh my god Blu! MOVE!" Sam grabbed my hand and we ran and hid behind a car. Thank goodness it was quite far away because the bus had blown up. I covered my ears and hid myself in Sam's body. I heard screams. Both men and women were behind that bus.  

"Sam? Oh my god. You saved us!" I grabbed him and gave him the biggest hug ever. I think he hugged me back as well. We were safe.  

For now.  

**************** 

"Sam. Look. We should go home".  

"Blu. Look. We can't go home" Sam said-mimicking my voice.  

I gave him a shove so he'd fall over onto the ground.  

"OI! We need to go and find the others. Make sure they are all ok."  

"How are we going to get around the bus though?" By this time the police were on there way.  

"Through there." Sam pointed to a building that was quite far away from the burning bus.  

"Ok. Lets go" Sam and I ran past the bus. Covering our mouths so we didn't inject any fumes or smoke, and headed inside this building.  

"Oh no ones in here. Hello? Hello?" Sam was right. This building was completely empty. Gone. Not a soul in sight.  

Me and Sam tried to find a way out of the building making sure it was a safer distance from the bus.  

"Nothing over here!" I yelled. Checking behind staff doors and in corners of the room.  

"There's only one way out now Blu."  

"Where?" I knew what Sam meant. I just couldn't help acting the slightest bit unsure so he could reassure himself that he was protecting me.  

"The roof."  

Ok. Maybe that wasn't what I had in mind. I guess that is the only safe way out.  

Sam and I walked through doors that said 'upstairs'. Stairs after stairs we went up. Finally we reached the top.  

'To the roof' I read. 

"Let's go then". Sam and I ran through the hallway and up the ladder.  

"What. So your idea was to jump across this roof and onto the next one?"  

"Yep! It's not even that far!"  

He was right. It was roughly about 5cm apart until the next building. If we did slip. We could only catch our foot. We weren't going to do that though.

"Ready?"  

"Yep." I grabbed Sam's hand. This was it!  

To my left was houses. Miles and miles of the things.  

And to my right? Well. The burnt bus. Ruined shops and bodies.

"WOAH!" That noise! It was back! It happened again. And again. And again!  

"Blu. We have to jump!"  

"Ok Sam."

"One..." 

"Two..." 

"Three!" 

"SAM NO!"