Chapter 5: Malik's kisses

Stella's POV:

The rain stopped and we finally pulled away swollen lips and utterly breathless. I searched his eyes for any indication of what he was thinking. Nothing he just stared at me a lazy smile on his lips.

"Looks like we checked that one off too"he whispered pulling me in for another light kiss . He finally released me and I suddenly felt cold and vulnerable . He grabbed my hand and our stuff pulling me along . We walked for awhile .

"Zayn my place is the other way" I stated . " I know" he said giving me a slight grin. I raised an eyebrow, but allowed him to lead me to wherever. We walked for a long time, just chatting enjoying each others company.We arrived at a very extravagant loft .

"This is where you are stay while you are here" I say gaping. I was afraid to sit down or touch anything. The toilet paper probably cost more than my whole apartment .

"It's nice but it's no home" he says softly. I felt my face soften ever so slightly . "Touring around the world never getting to see your family, must be hard ". He smiled sadly .

"It is, what about your family what are they like?" He said leading me down the hall to a black door. He opened the door and led me inside. The walls were cream, the bed an arrangement of black and gray. Very tasteful.

" They are ok, I don't remember much about them." I whisper. My voice cracks and I curse softly. It has been so many years and I still get so damn emotional .

"Hey it's ok. You can cry if you need to" he said patting my back. I wipe my eyes and scoff slightly .

"It's not okay , years have passed and I still get emotional over the fact that they didn't want me. I wasn't good enough for them. They saw me a mistake, a setback so they left me in Brooklyn. I grew up there. Do you know how badly you get treated when you don't have a family in Brooklyn , that's why I am the Brooklyn bad girl I got into fights because they tortured me night and day." I say bitterly . He just sat there silently waiting for me to finish but I wasn't done yet . I lifted my shirt slightly and showed him a burn from underneath my breast to my waistline .

"They made sure I remembered what a worthless shit I was"

"Stella" he breathed . "Zayn" I begged "Please don't " he just nodded and stood up. He went over to how dresser and grabbed me a shirt and some boxers and pointed to the bathroom . I smiled half heartedly and went to change . When I came back Zayn was lying on the bed shirtless in nothing but boxers his eyes closed. I stared at him momentarily admiring his body. His personality might be stale like a month old bag of potato chips but he does have a nice body.

"Like what you see?" He says with a slight smirk. Opening his eyes. I feel a slight blush creep on my cheeks and I throw a pillow at him. "In your dreams Malik " He dodged the pillow with ease and got off the bed, coming towards me.

"You shouldn't have done that" he whispered getting closer and closer. I peaked behind me aware of the distance between me and the door . I could make it . 3..2..1.. Run. I turn and ran, sprinting out of the room. I hooked a sharp right and ran down the hall.

"I'm going to get you and when I do you are so dead" Zayn said hot on my heels. I pushed faster . I rounded another corner and slammed into a hard body and we toppled over.

"Ouff" groaned Niall, he opened his eyes staring up at me . They widened when he looked down and saw my slimy underwear. My cheeks burned and I scrambled off him offering my hand . "Hi Niall lovely to see you".He took my hand standing up slowly.

He put his hand behind his head scratching it, letting out an awkward chuckle."Hi Stella always a pleasure"

"I got you" Zayn whispered in my ear grabbing me around the waist. "Told you I would catch you". He hoisted me up and rested my body easily over his shoulders as if I weighed nothing . I looked back at Niall who has his eye brow raised and just shrugged. I could have sworn I saw the faintest smile on his lips .