The Pirate's Medallion |Chapter 03|

|Chapter 03|

“My lady, the king wishes to see you.”

It was late. Around eleven something. I was still excited about going roguish. Excited or scared, I couldn’t define what, but I knew there was a bubbly feeling inside me.

“At this hour?” I wondered more to myself than my butler who had just informed me. “Is it anything important?” I asked. “I’m afraid it is, my lady. He requests you for a formal meeting in the main meeting room in ten minutes.” He replied.

“Tell father that I will be there soon.” I told my butler before laying him off. “Olivia…” I sighed. What did father want now?

|~|~|

“Father, you requested to see me?” I asked, as I entered the meeting room. Near father, there were two young men. Both had identical black hair and black eyes, making them look like twins out of a virtual reality game or something! [A/N Let’s say that there were stuff like that back then. And even cell phones ._.]

“Rowan, I would like for you to meet Prince Ashton and Prince Eric Redfern. They are twins, the princes of Thebas. Prince Ashton, the heir of the throne of Thebas, has requested you hand in marriage. His brother is here for company.” Father explained.

Another suitor. This time two. And I didn’t know which was which. Yet, father expected me to marry one of them.

“It is an honor to be your fiancé, princess Rowan.” One of them, the one on the right, he had a tattoo on his neck, stepped forwards, took my hand and placed a gentle kiss on it.

I wanted to shout and cry, grab my hand in disgust, but his guy…he was different. His lips on my hand were so warm, and as they parted, I felt as if my blood parted from me. He, too, was good-looking, like his brother and Luce. But something still did not feel right.

I was going to politely reject him, but what Luce had said earlier that very night echoed in my mind, “Don’t deny any more suitors. Accept the next one, we do want to leave a mark don’t we? Or more specifically, you?”

Then again before I could say anything else, father spoke, saying, “The marriage has been arranged in seven months from now, on your birthday. I only thought it would be fair for you both to get to know each other.”

The marriage was already arranged. I tried my best to hide all the disappointment. “Likewise, Prince Ashton.” Father was shocked at my reply, but he did a good job hiding it. The other prince, Prince Eric, came up to Ashton with a small black box. Ashton took it, and took a little ring and slipped it onto my finger. Eric’s face showed envy.

“It’s beautiful…” I uttered. It truly was. It was shining silver and had a blue sapphire in the middle. “I do not have time to stay, sadly. But I shall be back before the end of this month. Until then, my princess.” Ashton said in his deep voice. He turned towards father and gave him a short nod before leaving with Eric.

“That was…unexpectedly nice..” Father muttered, when the brothers left. “You got what you wanted, you got me engaged, are you happy now?” I said icily. Father was taken aback by this. “Do me a favor and don’t call for me until Ashton comes back.” I said before turning on my heel and leaving.

I tried my best to hide my tears, but just as I reached the end of the meeting hall, they all ran down like there was no tomorrow. Without any surprise, I ran into Luce.

He was worried up on seeing me cry, and I actually wanted him to be. How else was I going to tell him I had an arranged marriage with this guy who scared the heck out of me?!