Chapter 1

Hello readers, I hope that you will enjoy this story and laugh along. If any mistakes are found, forgive me.

Yukimura Chizuru laid on her back, sweat trickling down her forehead as if she had just taken a bath but in fact, her body wrecked in high fever. A moan escapes from her mouth causing Sannan Keisuke to hurry over, placing a hand over her forehead.

He had another patient who was also suffering from a high fever, none other than the Oni Vice Commander. It was because of the virus many had fallen ill just last week, Saito Hajime had been bedridden and now, he was recovering.

"No..." Chizuru chan complained when Sannan san forces her to drink the medicine he had concocted.

She fell in a fitful sleep writhing in pain another groan drifted to him this it was from Toshizo Hijikata. Sannan san had told the rest to stay away only Susumu Yamazaki allowed to be his side.

Now the boy was wiping away sweat from the Oni Vice Commander's forehead with a wet cloth.

"San.. I.. have to... tch." Hijikata felt blinding pain gripping over his weak body.

"Be quiet, you need to rest. If you go now, others will be affected."

"Chizuru chan!"

Bam.Bam.Bam!

"Oi! Sannan san, let me in!"

Sannan sighed irritatedly, that Heisuke kun has been bugging the clinic ever since Chizuru chan caught the bug while tending Saito Hajime.

"Yamazaki kun! Tell him to go away and let my patience rest."

"Hai."

Yamazaki slid the shoji open a little and saw an impatient Heisuke standing on the other side. He was trying to peek inside but Yamazaki places a hand on his chest insisting that he leave.

"I won't leave until I see Chizuru chan."

Yamazaki never budged from his position, repeating his orders until someone drags Heisuke away.

"Neh, Heisuke kun. Don't be a pain in the ass and listen to him," Souji pushed the other captain aside roughly.

"Souji san!" Toudou Heisuke righted himself whilst glaring Okita Souji.

Souji peered inside and spied Hijikata san sleeping.

"How long will it take for them to get well?" Souji inquired. "It's been a week or so already."

"Sannan san is trying his best to heal those two as fast as he can."

"Hmm." Souji's lips were pulled slightly downward as he crossed his arms.

"I am sorry, because of me both Chizuru chan and Hijikata san are now in there."

Another voice inserted Hajime steps out of the shadow with a guilty expression.

"Hajime kun, what are you doing here?" Souji scolded the indigo haired man.

"I came to visit them."

"Yamazaki is not allowing us to enter," Heisuke complaint.

"This is an order from Sannan san, please talk to hin personally if you disapprove."

The three of them sighed and watches in silent as the shoji slid closed.

"Now what?" Heisuke pouted.

"We wait." Souji answered.

Hajime stayed mum when he coughs slightly, puffs of smoke evaporating in front of his face.

The night drags on slowly as the pair suffered in pain, their minds hazy with pain and high fever. The futons were a few feet apart and Hijikata shifts his glazed purple eyes toward the brown haired girl.

Chizuru..

His eyes not leaving her pale face, due to the fever Hijikata extends his right hand over to carress Chizuru's forehead. In his healthy times, Hijikata wouldn't be dead showing off his emotions but tonight it was different.

Chizuru felt someone grazing his fingers on her warm skin and turns her head to stare at Hijikata san. Even though his countenance was pale and slightly twisted perhaps for the pain, he was still handsome in her eyes.

"Hi.. jikata.. san.." she murmured.

"I love you," Hijikata confessed.

Sannan felt his jaw literally dropping on the floor, Yamazaki was blushing furiously. They had just witnessed a confession from the Oni Vice Commander.

"I love.. you too.." Chizuru answered.

Someone choked pitifully in the background.

Soon the pair slept, Sannan and Yamaki had to step out to take a breather. But inside something strange occurs, the room bursts in a shade of white and shimmers like thousand of diamonds; just in a minute, it vanished.

Thank you for taking the time reading this chapter. Bye.