Promises mean nothing when your fingers are crossed behind your back.

"So, it's just the flu?" 

I nodded.

"Why were you gagging up blood then?"

"Lack of Iron and nutrients." 

I hope he fell for that.

"Hme. Weird." 

Score, for the lying chick laying on the couch. 

"I hope you realized today is 'meet the parent's' for me." I hated introducing my rent's to boyfriend, even just friends!

"I think it will be good for us. I mean, if they're gone most nights and you're going to be moving in here, it's only natural." He said gently while pecking my forehead. 

I squeezed my eyes shut, thinking about how honest he was always been with me, and all I ever did to Aiden was lie. Lie about my sister, the cancer, the child, and now, Jackson Jenson. 

"I think i should let you know about something a few months ago." 

"Don't worry about it." He simply said, making me tilt my head sideways in confusion.

"The past it the past. Let's not dwell on it." His simple smile made me agree. 

All theses things I knew about months ago, even years ago. That still makes it in the past, right? 

** ** ** ** ** 

"Mom, Dad, this is Aiden. Aiden, this is my mother Maria and my father David."   I gulped. 

Never did well under pressure.

"Pleasure to meet you both." Aiden politely said. 

"Pleasure's all mine." Both my parent's said together. 

"Mystery, Dear. We have to leave soon, within the hour. Dinner party. Is it possible to get dinner started quickly?" My mother said in an oddly nice tone.

Don't get me wrong. My parent's were always nice and kind. They just were always busy with work, that we never really talked because there was nothing to discuss.

"Dinner's already made." Aiden said, nodding, while escorting my parent's to the table. 

Aiden's house was huge. It was unbelievable!

When I came here for the party, I didn't pay much attention. But ever since I have, I noticed how beautiful it truly was. It had white tile floors, crystal chandeliers in each and every room, a 7 foot backyard pool, a game room, 5 bedrooms, 7 bathrooms, and basically like 4 stories high. It was bigger then a mansion. Like a god damn castle! And yes, Aiden had plenty of maids. Rosavelte being the one who prepared dinner. 

"Let's talk about marriage." My mother suddenly said, right as I took a sip of my water nearly spitting it out. 

"What?"  I bet if I looked at my face right then and there, I would have looked like an actual dear caught in head lights.

"We plan to have children, and move to Australia after Marriage." Aiden added in, seeming amused. 

"How will you get the money?" My dad, David said. Now interested in the topic.

"Brookelle didn't tell you?"  I shook my head no in response.

"I'm Prince Rosworth. Soon to be King of Australia." 

What seemed like hours later, my parent's finally left in shock.

Who wouldn't be shocked knowing there only daughter was going to 'marry' a prince and have his 'children.' 

Children.

Every little thing seemed like it was coming back to haunt me. 

 "You okay, Brooks? If  you're thinking about the children and being my wife, it's fine. We can wait! Are you mad because i told them my identity? Please, don't be upset with me." 

I  looked into his eyes, filled with love and sincerity. 

"It wasn't you. I was just shocked." I said, lying but giving him a small smile to inform him I was okay. 

"If you say so." He whispered, giving me a light peck on my lips.

Unfortunately, he got the wrong idea as I went running over to the toilet to vomit.

"Am I really that bad of a kisser?" He joked.

"Flu." I reminded him. 

Frowning, he pulled me into a big bear hug. 

"Thing's will get better." He looked down at me, lips slightly turning upwards.

"I promise."  

I trusted Aiden, I truly did. His promises were everything to me considering I believed them.

I hope you're right, Aiden. 

I thought to myself, trying to give myself faith.