First In Line 7

I arrived to my class in the middle of a graded recitation, Mr. Sanders didn't mind that I'm late though and instead allowed me to enter with ease. Nate was relieved that I'm finally in class because as he said, he doesn't even know a single thing. 

"What is the topic about anyway?" I asked as quietly as I could since a guy who I think is named Jude is making up answers on how the United Nations has come to be. 

"The lessons we've discussed this past month, Sanders said this would serve as a review since Midterms is coming. Damn, I'm going to fail this subject." Nate murmured, panic arising in his tone. 

I looked back up front and saw Mr. Sanders' face scrunching up in scrutiny as he tried to understand what Jude is saying, but heck, even I couldn't understand what bullshit he’s talking about. "Mr. Travis, I firmly believe that the United Nations was founded after World War II and not before it, if it's before do you think World War II would still happen?" Yes. "No." Jude muttered; his head was shook in embarrassment. 

I do think it can still happen. I mean, when you look at the world today, even if The United Nations is present, wars are still happening and couldn't be avoided. The Cold War happened after World War II so I just wished Jude answered yes instead of just giving Mr. Sanders the satisfaction he wanted. "If you were listening to me Mr. Travis then I think you would know these things and wouldn't have to fail this quiz. Sit down." Jude immediately followed and sank back into his seat. 

Mr. Sanders looked around the room, searching for his next victim. The worry and panic in Nate's Aura is so palpable that I just couldn't help but wish to help him, but even I, was nervous. I just got here in this school last week so I wouldn't know the topics they've discussed except for the elements of the state and so on. "Mr. Anderson, my favorite student." Mr. Sanders drawled out. Nate glanced at me first with a pleading stare that is clearly saying for me help him before standing up. 

I grabbed a piece of paper and took out my pen so I can write the answer—if ever I know it—and he can read it. "Can you give me one of the many theories in development?" 

"Neo-Classical Theory, sir." Nate answered quickly, and I smiled content with his answer--that is before Mr. Sanders asked what it is. Nate looked at me as I did the same to him. Jesus, what is Neo-Classical Theory. Why couldn't he just answered the easiest and that's dependency. "We're waiting, Mr. Anderson." 

I searched my memory as hard as I could to remember what's that theory is again, I don't want my friend to have a failing grade, so I just wrote the first thing that came to my mind. The Government shouldn't interfere with the economy. Free Market is the Answer. 

Nate read the sentence and cleared his throat before saying it. "Neo-Classical Theory, sir, believes that the Government should not interfere with the economy and just leave it for the economists to handle. It believes that Free Market is the answer." Mr. Sanders looked between Nate and me back and forth before writing God knows what in his records. Nate and I gulped nervously because I think it's quite obvious that I helped Nate again. "Sit down, Mr. Anderson. Let's now call the most important person in this room, John Reynolds." By the mention of my name, everyone turned and snapped their head to look at me. Nate threw me two thumbs up before I stood up from my chair uncomfortably. I have a bad feeling about this. 

"Who proposed the Level of Analysis and what are its three levels?" Murmurs erupted from the class and Nate was mouthing that the question was not yet discussed. Nevertheless, thank God that I know the answer. "The Level of Analysis was proposed by Kenneth Waltz in studying why wars have occurred frequently in I.R, the three levels are international, domestic, and individual. International is the examination of the characteristics of the international state system. Domestic is the examination of the characteristics of the states. And lastly, Individual is the examination of the characteristics of human beings."