First In Line 5

Today was the first day of me being in the position of Student Council President. I don't know know if I should be worried, but if I shouldn't be, I'm still was. I never intended to make it this far, and I'm not even a good leader to begin with. I've been home-schooled my whole life since my father was a past head of the court of Justice and my mother was afraid of the threats that my family was getting so they decided that it's better for me to be home-schooled. I took a deep breath and looked at myself in the mirror before proceeding towards the limousine. My father was in New York today so he admonished that the Limousine will be for my use these past few days--which is really not necessary since it attracts more attention, and I don't need anymore of that.

Once I arrived at School, I immediately felt like I've just emerged from a Black-And-White Marlon Brando film--with my white button down shirt and black trousers. I mentally groaned and blamed myself for even wearing this but remembered that I just came from a "Young Ambassadors" conference a while ago at six in the morning and didn't bothered changing when we got back to the white house. 

"Hey Man, looking awfully formal today." Nate suddenly appeared and flung his arm on my shoulder. Ry closely followed and offered me an aviator since the weather was strangely hot today so I accepted and quickly put it on. "Don't bother asking why." I replied as he guided me inside. The students who were crowding the school's hallway immediately separated and made way for me to walk through with ease, some were congratulating me and it was quickly followed by applauses. I gave them a warm smile to show my recognition and appreciation when Morgan caught my eye. She was just standing there, looking so worn out and was totally a mess. My heart sank just by looking at her. She was supposed to be here--in my spot--She deserved this spot, I thought. I stopped in front of her. She was shocked that I recognized her but it was only for a moment because her face immediately shifted from surprise to an unreadable one. "What do you want, Reynolds?" She snapped which made Nate flinched, I didn't though. There's something about her that makes me want to be soft and gentle to her--like she was hiding through her hard exterior--but inside, I don't really know. I don't want to assume. 

"Watch your mouth, Morgan." Nate snarled, shooting daggers at Morgan. Her eyes flicked something, worry I suppose, but yet again, she quickly masked it. 

"Good, just the two I wanted to see." Our heads turned and saw Mrs. Carter, the school's headmaster. She probably heard Nate's warning because her attention was focused on Nate with an unspoken message. After a few more seconds, Nate shook his head and Mrs. Carter's attention was now focused on Morgan and me. "Mr. Reynolds, I will now show you to the Student Council's President room. It's your private office, you know, to finalize documents and to think of ideas. Only the President has one but we do have an assembly room for the officers to talk things out. So, can you two please follow me?" 

I nodded and said a quick goodbye to Nate before following Mrs. Carter with Morgan beside me. 

"Hey Morgan, I'm really sorry for what happened. I didn't mean--"

"I don't need any explanation." Morgan replied, picking up her pace without even sparring a glance at me. I matched her pace and tried to talk to her again. "Come on. I really think you deserved to win." 

"Then you shouldn't have run for the position." 

I was beginning to give up because I swear, this girl is impossible; but I just couldn't stand when someone is angry at me. "I was pressured." I ran my hands in my hair as we turned right and entered a small room. The room has a table in the middle and it looked like an office. "Welcome to your office, John." 

I got this room all by myself? This is going to be fun. 

"Going to leave you two now. I trust you Morgan to show John around and to be nice to him. Also orient him about the position. Remember, he is now the student council president." Mrs. Carter reprimanded Morgan maybe because the tension between Morgan and me is so palpable. Mrs. Carter smiled at me one last time before leaving.