When she had it all.

Before:

Different. Different is a big word. Might not mean much, but it has the power to change a lot. Her life was different now. She wasn't the same, her parents weren't the same, nor were her friends, or her marks or her body .... nothing, nothing was the same. Everything has changed; it was different. She was the type of girl everyone wanted to be like, all the teachers used as an example, all the parents compared to and all the strangers loved. She was a good girl, literally. Good grades, good friends, on good terms with her parents, good body ... and, pretty much a good life. Her smile brought up light to those surrounding her. People envied her laugh, always questioned her smile, "Why are you always happy?", they'd ask. She'd answer with a smile and peachy, shy cheeks and says "Because why not?".

Her parents were proud of her- although they never admitted it- and were always disappointed about that half a mark she lost in her Science exam, still ... their happiness meant something to her. You could say she had it all, and she didn't realise that until things became different, until .... she lost it all. That's when she looked back and realised the freedom she had, the good life she once used to live that wasn't there more. And like they say you never know the meaning of something to you, until you lose it.