It's Not Your Fault

I woke up the next morning from a dreamless sleep. I looked over at Bella who was sound asleep in my arms. I smiled and closed my eyes,enjoying this very peaceful moment. My eyes shot open when I felt her stir in my arms.

"Morning,Ana," I smiled,kissing her forehead. She chuckles,"Morning,baby," she gave me a sweet kiss. Damn,she even more beautiful in the morning. "Daya,you okay?" She asked me. Apparently,I was looking into space for a while.

"Huh? Yeah, just thinkin',"

"'Bout what?" She had concerned face.

I shrugged,"Bout...my parents...my brother...just...everything..."

"Oh..."

"It's 8:38am...lets get up. I'll make breakfast," I smiled

*****

We're in the kitchen making breakfast,when I hear someone knock on my door. I turned down the stove and went to the door. I looked out the peephole and saw no one. I proceeded back to the kitchen when someone knocked again. I opened the door to see a kid. About 8 years old. He had short,curly hair and light brown skin.

I looked at him for a while. He looked so familiar. "Hi,I'm KJ. You must be Zendaya." I made a face and looked back at Bells. "Uh...d-do I know you?"

He had a hurt look on his delicate face. "I'm your nephew. You don't remember me?" I shook my head slowly. "No,I never saw you before." He took a deep breath.
"I'm Junior. Kenya Junior. My dad got killed a year ago? I was with his best friend,Roshon. Well,Ro told me to come to this address with my aunt."

Hearing this, I almost cried. I held my arms out and he hugged me tight. I never knew Ken had a kid. "KJ,how did you get here?"

"Ro dropped me off. He told me to go to the apartment with a crooked 'M' on it." I started running my fingers through his hair. He looked just like Kenya when we were little. "Why are you here?"

"Ro got a job in Spain. He didn't have enough for me to go," he said simply. I let go of him and bent down so we were eye to eye. "Junior, I'm gonna keep you here as long as you like. Get your bags out the hall, I have a spare room I never use,you can sleep there," I said helping him with his many bags to the spare room.

"We're making breakfast if you're hungry?"

"Yeah,I'm coming,lemme get settled," he said,unpacking his things and putting them in the drawers. I walked out back to the kitchen,noting Bells finished making breakfast. "That little boy is Kenya's kid?" She asked. I nodded,"I didn't know he had a kid. He never mentioned a baby boy."

KJ came out and sat at the little island.
"Oh,KJ,this is Bella,my....friend." I shuttered the last part. He made a face. "Hi!" He smiled. "Aunty Z,I know she's your girlfriend,Ro told me." I raised an eyebrow and gave him a plate with eggs,pancakes,and toast. I handed him the syrup and we sat together,eating. "So,Junior,how old are you?" I asked,taking a bite of my pancake.

"8. I'll be 9 in September." I got curious.

"What day?"

"1st. September 1,2005." I almost choked on my orange juice. "What's wrong,Aunty?"

"That's my birthday,too!" He smiled. "Guess we're twins!" He said. I high fived him.

"You guys are too cute!" Bella laughed.  KJ smiled again. His smile could bring a poor man to riches! "Well,he is a Coleman...we're the cutest things on earth!" He laughed.

When we finished breakfast,KJ helped me clear the table and Bella washed dishes. We then sat together on the couch and watched The Amazing World Of Gumball. KJ wanted to watch it. It was a pretty funny show,the fish,named Darwin and the cat,named Gumball was playing a prank on the dad,(which was a bunny) and it goes sour from there. KJ is just laughing the whole time.