Chapter 20: Unexpected Plan (short story)

Soohyun's POV

Gumising ako nang napansin ko na nawala siya sa piling ko. Medyo okay naman ako. Nawala din ang lagnat ko. Bumangon ako at hinahanap ko siya.

Hinanap ko siya kung saan-saan; sa kwarto, sa kusina, sa banyo at sa sala. Hindi rin niya sinagot ang mga tawag ko. Well, I have her number but I can't text her immediately. I called her again and again pero hindi pa rin niya sinagot.

But then, I notice that there was something open beside the old cabinet and I realize that it was my "secret door." Anong ginawa niya diyan? Pumasok ako at nakita ko siya hawak ang teddy bear. Noong nagsalita ako, nabigla siya at tinago niya agad ang teddy bear. She's too cute when I see her like that and I just smile. Afterwards, I act like as if I'm angry.

Noong kinuwento niya sa akin ang "sweet childhood memories", natawa ako sa kilig. Talaga! Eh kasi sabi niya lumiwanag ang paligid noong nakita niya ako. OA nga pero cute pa rin. :3 When I she guessed that I'm the male child on that picture, she really shocked and I know in her mind that she's dizzy because of that.

But before that, I already know that Isa was the girl in my favorite childhood picture. Kaso, hindi pa nga ako sure noon. When I bumped her accidentally in my agency, I thought that I see her face somewhere and before. When she shouted my name,  I confirmed that it was her first time to saw me in personal. But I don't think it was her first time.

And when I saw her resume, "Isa Ramirez--- Philippines-- Kento University--- " And that was the time I confirmed that she was really the girl in my picture. After that, I realized that is this something what they called FATE? Hindi ko akalain na mangyayari to sa buhay ko. And I smirked.

That's why I hired her as my personal bodyguard. She didn't know that I'm her employer and I hired her personally. From that day on, I secretly watch her and my life suddenly became brighter and happier. I never been so happy in my life until I met her.

That moment when I admit that I'm in love with someone in public, I look at her and I can see that she frowned of what she heard. But she didn't know that I meant her. I don't want to see her face like that again. I just want to see her sunshine smile everyday.

When I got home, I immediately grab my soju in the fridge and drink. I just want to forget that moment when I saw her sad face. Inalagaan niya ako kahit lasing ako. Hindi ko na masyadong maalala ang mga nangyari but one moment that I still remember is when I confess to her. But I know she will never believe it because I was drunk and unimaginable for her that someone like me can like someone like her.

And the day we trap in my secret room. I don't know what to do. My heart beats faster than usual. And now she knew that I was that boy. So I'm happy that there is no awkward moment anymore, that was what I thought.

Pagkatapos ng kwentuhan namin, bumabalik na naman ang awkward. Hay! Should I confess to her now? Maybe this is the right? I look at her and my mind still confuse on what to do. All that time, my plan was to confess her and kiss her. But it took few minutes to decide. But when I finally conclude my plan, I close my eyes and have deep inhale and exhale and I'm ready.

"Isa, may sasabihin ako sayo. Mahal kita Isa." that was my line 

And she stand up and walk away but I immediately grab her wirst. She looks at me and my mind ask if I should kiss her. I also stand up and my mind settled already. And I kiss her.

-End of chapter 20-