Chapter Four: Aubrey Valyria

Hey there! I am Aubrey Valyria, raised by a famous family, named, fed, clothed and sheltered.

The family whom I considered mine doesn't even know where I came from. YES. I am an adopted princess of the Valyria's.

I knew it from the start. I was wandering the streets when I was five and bumped by a Valyrian limo one day. They brought me to the hospital. I woke up on a hospital bed and was being told that I have been there for days and experiencing partial amnesia.

How could they ever tell I forgot my memory? In fact I did not. It was very clear to me what happened that time. Though the bump was unintentional, but the succeeding turn of events in my life was all because of them.

They gave me a new identity thinking that I don't realize what they're doing. The owned me and made me their daughter. Up to this very moment, this family doesn't have any idea that what they had tried to hide from me was never been hidden in the first place.

Being part of this powerful family is not easy as the way I thought it would be. Well, it's not really easy until I got the formula; LISTEN and EXECUTE.

Valyria family dominated the political realm of the province. They, or we, are wealthy and influencial. And that explains everything why the family continues to get richer and richer each day.

Valyria's are generous ones. Charity works here and there. And that made me love this family. They're always a good Samaritan. But the worst thing about them, they always had hidden agenda.

That's what I learned from them.

Now I'm in high school. Rafael just rushed here a while ago. I called him to come over for an urgent business. And, yeah, he cares about the campaign. But he doesn't want me. But boys are boys, maybe he just needs some push. I'm a clingy type but not to everyone.

I did everything to climb through the ranks of popularity in school for him to notice me. And I am accomplished with that.

With what I did lately, surely he's not gonna sleep without thinking of me.

The next day,

"That was very unethical of you Aubrey! I am so disappointed."

"Then who cares Rafael? It was just you and me in that room. Well that could also be unethical on your part if you had shared what you saw."

"I am not that kind of person. And I'm telling you, remain at a distance. Don't come near me."

I smiled at him as he gets out of the Chemistry lab. He's starting to create a different picture of me.

Days rolled fast and it's election time. It was a moment of great suspense. But all of us made it. Our party got all seats via landslide votes.

I immediately organized a victory party in my apartment. I expected everyone to come except Rafael though I invited him. I know he's disappointed but I don't care cause I know him. Rafael wouldn't trade impressive attributes of a girl for a single flaw. And there he is.

Everyone welcomed him, and of course including me.

"Oh, hi Mr. President.! Good to see you here. I thought you won't be around."

He smiled at me, that was so unexpected.

"Hello Ms. Vice President. How could I ever afford to miss this party. It's our victory."

I stared at him and was quite surprised with the tone of his voice. It was calm, steady and natural, unlike when we were in the laboratory.

The party goes as great as I expected. Everyone was completely satisfied.

I got the chance to talk with him when he came out of the room. I followed him to his coupe. As he opened the the car, he noticed me.

"I gotta talk with you." And hurried my way to the other side and went in.

Left with no other choice, he came in and stared. "Now, what."

"Look. Rafael, I'm sorry. I know you're very disappointed but I just did that to..."

"To what.? You just did that to what Aubrey.? I might be disappointed but it won't lead me anywhere. I would be working with you everyday from now. That's why I choose to forget it. Let us just forget it happened for us to serve the students better."

"That's absolutely better."

"Yes... It is... You know what, it's kinda awkward."

I laughed at him. And he was like,

"Why? What's the matter?"

"I just can't forget your face that moment. You looked so surprised."

"Well at least, I was just an audience at that time."

We laughed and laughed together as the conversation goes longer and as we feel the compatibility of each others company. I admit I am comfortable with him. Out of the long long funny convo, I paused,

"On a serious note...." I said. But he attempted to grin and said,

"How serious was that?" As the hot Rafael looks to me straight in a kidding manner.

I kissed him. "As serious as that."

His eyes, his face were shocked. And his cheeks turned pink, I could clearly see it though it's dim inside his car.

"Aubrey, you know me. We just talked about it recently... if you wanna do it, at least do it in my terms!"

"Oh, sorry."

"Don't be ... just do it again."

I see him smiling for what I just did. I don't care if I'm the girl and he's the boy, but I like him, and he likes me too. I kissed him again and he returned the favor. We smacked and feel each other's lips and for the first time, we thought of no one else but just US apart from the rest of the world. We feel the contentment and satisfaction of the encounter.

But don't get me wrong, we just had an awesome kiss. Just a kiss. I mean, just kisses.

I will never forget that night. Kisses more than just lust fills the hollow space of my heart that has long been emptied by the lie I force myself to believe, the lie of this identity.

I have him now. That's all that matters.

###END OF CHAPTER FOUR