Chapter Five: Past vs Present (Part 1)

I am with Aubrey now. A month had already passed since the k-i-s-s-i-n-g encounter in my coupe. So far, I could never see any flaw. As of the moment, she's perfect. A perfect girlfriend.

We're on our way to an outreach activity of the Student Council. The target beneficiary of the program are the indigenous peoples of Impasugong. As we arrived, the tribal chieftain, in behalf of the community, welcomed us and showed their hospitality.

After some ceremonies, we distributed the donations from various institutions. We've been gathering these donations for months and now it's time to give it to appropriate recipients.

I paired myself with Aubrey, of course, during the distribution. As it is our 1/12 anniversary, we had "moments" in that cool and peaceful place.

Feeling the fresh atmosphere and seeing the green lush of nature, we occupied the two individual swings made of grain sack tied by abacca fibers on both ends to swing on a branch of a sturdy tree by the side of a steep cliff overlooking the mountainous terrain. In other words, we occupied a pair of swing as if it was made for us.

"Thank you." She said.

I smiled and said, "For what?"

"For giving me a chance to be part of your extremely busy schedule. Thank you for granting me a time-slot."

"Aubrey, you're more than just a time-slot of my schedule. You're more than just a part of it. You're not just a part of my scheduled routines, you're now a part of my life. I love you."

She's smiling while turning her pinkish face to see the terrain. And looks straight back to me.

"I love you too."

I stood up and hugged her tight and whispered, "Ommit the 'too' next time."

"And why?"

"Because it feels like you're loving me 'too' because I love you. Just ommit it next time, another thing is that it's unnecessary. Right.?"

"C'mon Rafael, it simply indicates the mutuality of feelings. You're conducting an over-analysis. It's not meant to be analyzed Rafael. It just simply meant to be felt."

"Just ommit it." I gestured like she doesn't have a choice.

"Wait, wait, why are we arguing on this one?"

I took that statement as her statement of defeat in this conversation.

"Don't worry. Just side effects of converging awesome brains." I said.

"Intimate brains." She uttered and cracked a crisp of laughter.

"And what's with that INTIMATE?" I laughed with her.

"Let's not talk about that. I knew you're sensitive in that kind of topic." *grins*

"I'm not. I was just shocked the moment i saw your essentials."

"Let us see. I still doubt about it."

"Are you challenging me Ms. Aubrey Valyria?"

"I am."

Oh, f**k. This girl's challenging me. But she's my girlfriend now. What's wrong.?

"I'll take it. Challenge accepted."

"Then let's talk about intimacy later. In my place."

"Great.! But remember, in my terms."

Well the outreach was a tiresome activity. I, Aubrey, and all of the student council team were exhausted as we went back to school riding the school bus. It was around 6pm and we decided go home cause it's getting darker.