Chapter 1

All Rights Reserved

This story is dedicated to my sister. She writes stories too so you should go check that out => hazelbeforebrown. Now read and enjoy xx

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you asked me what my plans for a normal Friday night would be I would tell you that my night would be spent with me sitting at home with a box of Hawaiian pizza, my cat Gerald and my laptop watching the latest season of Orange is the New Black.

That's what I want to say but unfortunately tonight isn't a normal Friday night and I'm not at home with Gerald watching Netflix.

Instead I'm here, soaked with water, in a dirty, smelly cell. Yes, that's right, I'm in jail.

Nothing could possible make this worse right?

Wrong.

This could definitely be worse especially because I'm sitting only 6 ft away from Adrian Kings.

Adrian isn't someone I'd want to spend time with during the best of circumstances let alone during the worst.

To say that I hate him would be a complete understatement. On a normal day I would just ignore his total existence but after these recent events I can't even try to put my hatred and anger towards him into words.

How am I in jail?! If you knew me you'd know that the words 'Claudia' and 'Jail' should never be put into the same sentence unless that sentence is, "Claudia is volunteering at..." Wait no. I'd never volunteer at a jail. Ok so you see my point. Jail and I don't mix. We're not friends.

Jail and Adrian however... Well that's a different story.

You take one look at him with his abundance of scary looking tattoos, leather jacket and pack of cigarettes and think, "Yep, that guy has obviously done something bad to be sitting in there."

Then you take one look at me with my slicked back hair, glasses and sweatpants and think, "There's obviously been a mistake, let's get her out of there and take her back home to her pizza, Netflix and cat."

That's what should be happening but these Cops have no sympathy whatsoever! They won't even listen to my reasoning. I did nothing wrong! I was simply dragged into this by the moronic buffoon over here.

Is it really my fault that I was in the wrong place at the wrong time? I don't understand how I could be punished for something I wasn't even involved in!

Ok so you must be confused. Let me start from the beginning and explain to you why I'm stuck in a cell with none other than Adrian Kings.

~~~~

"Then you just divide that by the answer." I said to Ann, a freshman that I tutor.

"Thanks Claudia. I get it now." She says with a smile and I return it with a feeling of satisfaction. I love helping people and ever since the school opened the program where seniors can tutor other students for extra credit I knew it was the perfect job for me.

"You're welcome, Ann. I'll see you next week." I say as she gathers her things and begins to leave the library.

I look up at the clock and see that it's 6 o'clock. I'd spent an hour tutoring Ann and another hour tutoring someone else before her. Friday's were always the busiest for me because people always wanted to finish their homework before the weekend so they could relax.