29: Emma

Where are you going, Emma?

Anywhere away from you.

Don't be like that.

I can be however I want to be. I'm my own person, you know.

What does that mean?

Shut up, Tod.

Really, Emma - where are you going?

Anywhere.

Anywhere?

Anywhere away from.... there.

Where?

My...my h-home. I d-don't want to l-look at what I've... what you m-made me d-do.

I didn't make you do anything.

Yes you did. You can't deny what you've made me do.

What's that supposed to mean?

You know exactly what I mean.

Oh, come on. She was already pretty old, anyway.

You have no idea what you're saying.

I do. I could see she didn't have long left in her. In fact we were doing her a favour, really!

DON'T SAY THAT! Don't ever say that!

Okay, okay. Sorry. 

I HATE YOU!

I said I'm sorry! Come on, Emma - I didn't really mean it! I'll be nice now.

Don't believe you.

So where are we heading?

Wherever.

And where's that?

I... I don't know. Just, somewhere where I can-

Can what?

Never mind.

It's okay, Emma. I won't be angry if you turn around and go back home now. It's not too late to do as I asked.

No.

Why not?

I said no.

But why?

I SAID SHUT UP TOD! You want to know why? Well, I'll tell you why, then. It's because I love Luke. I love him a hundred, no a thousand, times more than I will ever love you!

Don't say that.

Why not? Why not, Tod? Is that because it hurts? Hurts you inside, like it does for me when you try to make me do bad things? Hurts like I hurt Luke? Like how I made him suffer all that time, scaring him with that knife that you made me find? Well, you know what? I don't care. I don't care about you anymore.

Emma.

WHAT? Do you think you can scare me, hurt me like you used to? Well, you won't be able to for much longer.

Oh, come on, Emma. You know things aren't easy for me. I get lonely. I just wanted some fun. I just wanted a friend.

Well, you're not having Luke!

Okay, I get it, you want to have Luke. And that's okay. We can find someone else for me, someone else for me to play with, that isn't him. Just turn back.