Chapter Two

Rose's POV

I lied in bed that night wondering why Lilly always had pain in her ribs. Today she took her shirt off because it was wet and there were big bruises everywhere on her ribs. Where her parents beating her? No that's impossible their so nice and loving. I wonder who's hurting her...

Lilly's POV

I awoke that night at 2:00 am. I groaned and tried to fall back asleep but I couldn't I felt scared and it felt like someone was watching me or was in my room. I sat up in bed and looked around my room but saw no one so I grabbed my IPod and put my headphones in my ears. I finally drifted off after about five songs. The next morning was Friday, I woke up and did my morning routine, but this morning I had to make breakfast myself. I made a bowl of cereal and walked to Rose's. this morning while we were walked she turned me and asked me" Lilly, can I ask you something important?" I replied with a yes of course and she said" Where did you get those bruises on your sides?" I looked at her and she had tears in her eyes, I could tell that she was afraid of the answer. I looked at her and sighed" I got them from Justin." She looked at me and asked me to explain, so I did. " See while you are inside doing work he comes up to me every day and punches and kicks me in the ribs and calls me a slut." She looked at me with wet eyes and hugged me saying that she was sorry and this was her fault. When we got to school I realized Justin wasn't here today and I was happy the day went by pretty fast. When school ended I walked home with Rose but she had to go straight home because she had family over. When we got to my house I hugged her and she left. When I got inside I felt tired so I went up to my room and laid on my bed. I fell asleep shortly afterwards.