Chapter 9

When we got home I went up stairs and took a shower when I got out I put on some jeans and sweater. I put on a little bit of makeup. I slipped on some rain boots and grabbed my glasses.

I walked down stairs and sat on the couch.

"Hey are you ready?" Ryan asked

"Yep." I laughed

"What's funny?" He laughed

"Nothing." I smiled and picked up my purse.

"Okay... Well lets go then." He grabbed the keys and we left.

We arrived at the restaurant, took our seats and read our menu in the quit. The waiter came back and took out drink and meal order.

"Everything will be out shortly." He smiled happily and walked off.

"So Ever how are you?" He frowned in sadness.

Why is he sad his mother didn't die, his father didn't go to prison for murder. I'm over reacting he is just trying to be nice.

"Ever?" He waved his hand in front of my face.

I must have zoned out.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks for asking Ryan it means a lot." I smiled

"You're welcome." He smiled in return

We sat and talked for about another 10 minutes until our food finally came out. We ate quick, paid the check and left. We walked to the car and I kept remembering the accident. My dad yelling, my mom in tears, hitting her head, dying in my arms, my father disappearing, going to prison for the death of my mother. I felt my eyes getting heavy and then darkness hit me.

"Ever!" I heard a faint scream

"911 what's your emergency?" A phone spoke.

"Yes my girlfriend just passed out in the parking lo----." After that I couldn't hear anything, just the screeching ambulance sirens.

I woke up in a bright room, almost blinding. Someone was holding my hand it was warm, I slowly opened my eyes and it was Ryan. I smiled, I'm glad he was here. He is all that is left. The moments I will never get to experience with my mom or my dad, no one to comfort me, take me to prom, walk me down the isle at my wedding, or even just being there.
"Ever your awake." He stood up out of joy and held me in his arms.

"Thank you so much Ryan you're all I have left." I cried into his shoulder.

"I love you Ever." He held my face with his hands and gazed into my eyes.

I put my forehead on his, still holding eye contact.

"I love you too." I smiled as a tear fell down my face.