Chapter 10

I had to stay one more night in the hospital and Ryan was right there by my side. The doctors came in about 4:00 and checked on me. They said I could leave early if I wanted to because the tests were clear. I took up on his offer and got my stuff packed, Ryan and I left about an hour later.

"How are you feeling?" He asked pulling out of the parking lot.

"I'm... I've had better days." We both giggled.

"Well hopefully today will be better than it has been." He smirked in a sad way.

"Yeah" I looked down at my shoes.

We rode home in silence. Not an awkward one but a calming silence. It was nice to not have to worry about anything just to have a break. We finally reached the house. I got out of the car and went straight upstairs and laid down being in a hospital for that long makes me really tired. All my energy was drained from my body, like someone took a vacuum and sucked it out.

Ryan's POV

So tonight I was thinking about asking Ever on a date. I really like her and I want to be more than friends. I know I sound cheesy but she means so much to me. She has lost a lot in her life and I want to be the one that will always be there for her.

I walked up stairs to ask her but... She was asleep so I didn't want to bother her. I started walking out the door.

"Ryan?" Crap I woke her up.

"Uh huh?"

"Will you lay with me?" She yawned and it was so adorable.

"Of course." I walked over to the edge of the bed and took off my shoes.

I gently lied down next to her. She slowly put her head on my chest.

"Goodnight" she whispered softly

"Goodnight." I smiled and slowly drifted off to sleep.