05

New chapter is up;) Comment, vote etc. The more votes the more I type. Chapters will be longer now. Thats
Chanelle in the picture.

"Strength shows not only in the ability to persist, but the ability to start over"
-Unknown

Chanelle.

I wake up to a beeping sound and almost instantly remember it as my alarm. I mentally groan and wake up remembering I have to go to work. I hate my job at Burger King so much and I'm constantly teased for working there but I have to get money to pay the bills.

I shower and put on some lotion then go into my closet, which is very small and take my work clothes out to wear. I spray some body spray on and proceed to walk out the door. I walk to the bus stop and wait a couple minutes till' the bus finally comes.

I honestly hate riding the bus because it's always so filthy. I put my earphones on and listen to Chance the Rapper rapping about cocoa butter kisses. I was silently rapping along until I saw some random ass man come on the bus.

Not only did he smell but he was sick too. I silently prayed that he wouldn't sit next to me and my prayer was answered until he decided to deliberately select the seat next to me. He also had the audacity to try to talk to me while I was listening to music.

Lord knows I can't wait to get off this bus!

Finally the bus paused at my stop and I grabbed my bag and proceeded to go into Burger King.

~*~

Finally I'm done with my shift because Lord knows I wanted to slap one too many heifers.

I went on the bus and was glad to see that man wasn't back. I put my earphones on and just listened to music until I was home.

I started feeling tired so I went straight to my room when my mom called me.

"Chanelle!" My mom yelled.

"I'm coming!" I answered back I honestly didn't feel like hearing her shit today but decided to be respectful.

I came downstairs to see my mom sitting on the couch with a somewhat sad face. Haha Suffer bitch!

"Chanelle, I just found out that yo' grandma died today so you gone' fly out to New Jersey to go to her funeral." My mom said carelessly.

I looked at her straight in her face, for any signs of emotion, and saw nothing. Wow. Who doesn't love their mother?

Oh yeah..me.

But at least I have a reason. I wasn't very upset at her loss because I was never close to my grandma. I've only saw her a couple times before she moved to New Jersey.

"Are you coming too?" I asked, silently hoping she would say no.

"Hell no I got shit to do here." She replied. I honestly don't know how she can just not go to her mothers funeral.

Well, You wouldn't....

"When am I going?" I asked rolling my eyes.

"You gon' be gone by tomorrow so start packin' now." She responded with a small smirk on her face. I don't know why the fuck she smiling. Her momma just died.

I just walked away from her with an annoyed face. I was lowkey happy that I would be leaving this house even if it's just for a little while.

~*~