Chapter 1

It's around noon, and all you can hear in the city of Verona is the crowd cheering. It was the annual "capture the ring/sword fight", and the two opponents were getting on their horses ready to fight. The blue clothed opponent with his horse represented the Capulets, and the yellow the Montagues.

The fight began, and the whole crowd was cheering for their colour. Finally, it was a race to the ring until the yellow opponent slipped his sword into the ring, meaning that the Montagues won. Distress took over on the faces of all the Capulets, including Lord and Lady Capulet.

Tonight was the ball where the upper class of Verona was going to attend. This was a huge event and after the duel, everyone headed to get ready.

Inside the Montague house were Romeo and Benvolio casually strolling around their estate, walking on the marble floors.

"Her beauty is something irresistible, something about her smile James, it intrigues me." Daniel continued raving about Rosaline.

"Ask her to a dance tonight, perhaps?" Benvolio offered.

"She'll be preoccupied. But I can try. I cannot contain my excitement to see her beauty again." He continued on, as James rolled his eyes.

"I'm not sure this love of yours is healthy." James said, unsure of what Daniel's response was going to be.

"Why wouldn't it be? We are just two young souls bound to end up together." He smiled as they reached the end of the hallway, looking out the window. "What a beautiful day. Let's go get ready for the event this evening."

"We shall." James agreed.

Meanwhile, in the Capulet house, Juliet was walking around her castle, with her maid in back of her.

"Juliet you haven't even put on your dress yet! Not even your corset? Let's go!" The nurse scolded her in her old voice that was aging by the day.

"Nurse, Father needed to speak to me." Michelle said, rushing to her Lord's room and entering it, as her maid waited patiently outside.

"Daughter, there you are. I have some news." Capulet announced. "Tonight, is the ball. And Count Hunter Paris is going to be there. I want you to find him, and dance with him. Now off you go, Nurse is waiting for you." He quickly rushed her off and went back to his many tasks he had.

The nurse tightened Michelle's corset, making sure it hugged her small waist perfectly. She was ready.

"I remember you were just a baby, and now, look at you Michelle you're a beautiful young lady!" Her nurse told her, at the verge of tears. "I've watched you grow up my young lady--"

"Juliet!" Lady Capulet interrupts the nurse.

"Yes mum?" The young lady responds.

"Your father just told me some exciting news and I need you to answer his question." she says, excited.

"Is it about Count Paris?" the Capulet daughter asks.

"Yes. He wants to know if you are ready to marry him." Capulet's wife announces.

"Marry him?" her daughter asks, apprehensive.

"Marry him!" the nurse shouts. "Oh, young lady you are growing up before my very eyes!"

"Yes marry him. Please consider it and let us know." Her mother stroked her dirty blonde locks and placed them gently and prettily on her shoulder. "All ready now. You look stunning. Count Hunter is waiting for you and the ball is starting any minute so we should get going." Lady Capulet hands her a sky blue mask to place over her flawless face.

"Thank you mother." is all Michelle said as her nurse pecked her on the cheek and Lady Capulet walked away, her shoes clicking on the marble floors.

AN:

Hi guys! Oh my gosh I hope I won't be doing these annoying author's notes every chapter, but I just want to thank you all for your positive feedback! I got a few sweet comments, even if it was just the prologue. I'm glad to here that many of you are as excited as I am. Once again, sorry if I make any mistakes even if the story, I am trying to get it as similar as I can to the play. This was a short, filler chapter, so expect more action in the next one! I thought I wouldn't be able to write this because of all the drama that happened with this fan fiction (what happened was I posted the idea, and someone quickly posted it and copied it) but honestly I'm ignoring negativity and continuing this one! I'm really enjoying it. Glad you guys are too. <3