Chapter 2

The room was filled many people all dressed in beautiful gowns or stunning suits (or at least their definition of suits) and was also filled with a scent of delicious foods. Everything was beautifully decorated. The ball took place in the Capulet house, and no Montague was aloud, considering it was Capulet 'territory' if we can say.

A nice piece of music was playing in the background as everyone was picking at the finger foods. At the entrance, Romeo, Benvolio and Mercutio entered the room, all wearing masks to hide the fact that they don't belong here, simply because they are Montagues. These three boys went to the drink table and grabbed themselves beverages.

"There's Miss Rosaline, Romeo." Mercutio nudged Romeo.

"Her face, her beauty, her dress, perfection at it's finest." Daniel raved about Riley Rosaline. The two other boys giggled.

All of a sudden, Daniel Romeo caught a glimpse of something blue. Out of curiosity, he turned his head and everything instantly turned blurry except this girl. She was dressed in a stunning sky blue gown, and had a pretty, detailed blue mask covering her face. She had wavy, dirty blonde hair, almost brown covering her shoulders. Romeo was captivated. It was as if Rosaline, disappeared, didn't exist anymore which was problematic because he was supposed to be in love with her. But this young lady looked absolutely perfect, it was almost like comparing a pebble to a diamond to Romeo.

He saw this man walk over to the pretty lady. He was a little taller than her and was decently attractive, and was talking with Lord Capulet.

"Looks like Dan got a new love interest." Mercutio interrupted Daniel Romeo's thoughts, nudging James Benvolio.

"Maybe I'll have a chance with Riley then..." James replied.

"Shut it you two. Who is that?" Daniel asked, captivated.

Meanwhile, Lord Capulet was introducing Michelle Juliet to Count Hunter Paris, whom he wants her to marry. After the discussion, Juliet and Paris went to the floor where everyone was dancing. They did not dance together, Hunter simply went and introduced himself to many Capulets and Michelle just stood in the middle, looking around, until she spotted Daniel. She found him insanely handsome. Their eyes met and they practically stared at each other for 30 seconds straight. The two boys then nudged Romeo, interrupting his moment on cloud 9 as they laughed at him.

Juliet then exited the room, and went into the hall, her shoes clicking on the marbled floors. Romeo, captivated, obviously had to follow her. He believes it truly was love at first sight.

Hearing Daniel, she turns around to see him. She doesn't know his identity, nor his name, but she knows that something intrigued her in those hazel eyes of his.

Michelle Juliet stopped in the hallway and turned to see Daniel Romeo. He then pulled off his mask and walked up to her. She recognized him. He was a Montague. He was Daniel Romeo Montague. She refused to admit it, but from what she had heard of Romeo, he was charming and a gentleman.

Daniel moved his hands to cup her cheeks, and slowly removed her blue mask, revealing her beautiful complexion.

"A Montague. At a Capulet ball." Said Michelle.

"That's right." He told her. They knew each other. They were the youngest of each conflicting family. "I must add that you look beautiful this evening, Michelle Capulet."

"Daniel Montague." She smiled at him. They both have heard of each other, and both knew of each other. They never actually met due to the fact that their over protective parents didn't let them step on the other's territory, but they still felt some sort of admiration towards each other. It was bizarre, but they couldn't help it. For the Capulets, the Montagues were the daily discussion at the dinner table, and vice versa. So of course both of them have heard of each other.

"You look beautiful tonight." He told her.

"The feeling is mutual." Her cheeks turned a rosy colour and she smiled.

Without a word, they both pressed their lips against each other, Juliet on her tip toes. They were soon interrupted by Juliet's nurse, dismissing her, leaving Romeo in the hall alone, to ponder over what lucky guy he was.

AN:

Hello guys! So I am EXTREMELY sorry for the wait for this chapter, it was sooo long! But I am glad to be back. I have made myself a little schedule and a brief summary of what every chapter will contain, and also a posting schedule. So I'm thinking of updating weekly, so every weekend expect an update (LATEST the Monday). That way I can write during the whole week to give me some time and I'll be posting weekly for you guys on what I have worked on all week. And so this fanfiction will be around 13 chapters long. I know it's not a lot, but it's a short story. And I apologize for this chapter being rushed, and how quickly they kissed, but that's how it happened in the movie okay!! Your support means a lot guys, so thanks <3 Oh and yes I'll be doing this author's notes every chapter, soooorryyyy. xD Seriously though, bye now. :)