Chapter 13

I want to thank all of you for being so incredibly patient with my slow updating! This is the last chapter before the epilogue, so I hope you all enjoy it! :) (Sorry for typos)

Song: Turn Your Face by Little Mix

~Carly <3

Harry’s POV

I felt an immense wave of relief as I took in the sight of Danny’s dead body. I dropped his heart in disgust before quickly running to a struggling Anna.

“Harry,” she croaked as I laid her in my lap. “I’m going to die. You need to save Evelyn.”

“No!” I insisted. “I’ll pull out the stake and you’ll be fine.”

She shook her head and smiled at me, one bloody hand coming to rest on my cheek. “I’m so proud to be your wife.”

“Anna,” I swallowed the lump in my throat. “Stop it; you’re not saying goodbye.”

Her eyes searched blindly for a minute before suddenly going blank, her hand limply falling from my face.

“Liam!” I called.

I turned to see him and Niall trying to stop Evelyn’s bleeding.

“She’s not dead yet,” said Liam. “But she’s close. It would take magic to pull that stake out.”

“How’s Evelyn?” I wiped away my tears and set Anna down before kneeling beside Evelyn.

“She’s losing too much blood,” Niall’s voice shook. “I tried to give her some of mine, but apparently it doesn’t work on a witch.”

“Then turn her into a vampire!” I cried.

“I told you!” he stared at her closed eyes. “My blood doesn’t work. Witches can’t become vampires.”

I tugged at my curls helplessly. “I can’t lose my wife and daughter!”

The trees rustled beside us and we whipped our heads around in surprise.

“Tom?!” I stood up, spotting the familiar face. “What are you doing here?”

“I heard the fighting from across town,” his eyes looked grim. “I wanted to help, but it was too late when I got close enough.”

“Oh,” I sunk to my knees. “I don’t know what to do.”

Tom smiled slightly. “You don’t think I came alone, did you?”

A woman in her 50s emerged from the trees beside Tom, her red hair flickering like flames in the breeze.

“I’ve known this witch, Kala, since the day I was turned,” Tom explained. “She wants to help Anna and Evelyn.”

“Yes,” I stood up and gestured towards their bodies. “Please help.”

Kala didn’t say a word as she approached Anna’s still body, but simply kneeled next to her and waved her hand over the stake. It only took seconds for it to ease out of her chest and fall next to her body. Anna gasped as her eyes flew open and she leaned on her side to cough up blood.

“Anna!” I was at her side in an instant. “Are you okay?”

She sputtered a few more seconds before looking me in the eye. “I think so.”

By the time we glanced over at Evelyn, Kala was whispering with a determined looking Niall.

“There’s only one way to save Evelyn,” Liam explained. “Kala will transfer Niall’s life force into Evelyn, which will revive and heal her.”

“Niall!” Anna cried, her eyes filling up. “There has to be another way!”

“There isn’t,” he smiled sadly, coming over to hug Anna tightly. “She needs to live.”

“But you do too!” I insisted.

Niall clapped me on the back. “I’ve lived plenty long Harry. I want to give the love of my life a chance to.”

I nodded grimly as Anna collapsed into me, hiding her face from the others in my chest. I felt her salty tears begin to soak through my shirt.

Niall leaned over Evelyn before placing a kiss on her forehead. “Goodbye Love.”

He also hugged a sobbing Liam before nodding at Kala. “I’m ready.”

She pressed a hand to his chest and closed her eyes in concentration. The wind picked up around us, blowing the trees and leaves every which way. Only a few seconds later, Niall slumped over, motionless.

“No Niall,” Liam whispered brokenly.

Evelyn’s eyes fluttered a few moments later, the wound in her stomach beginning to close up.

“Mommy?” she whispered.

Anna crawled over until she could hold Evie’s hand. “Mommy’s right here Evie. You’re alright now.”

I joined them and grabbed her other hand, trying to ignore Liam’s sniffling and the deathly still Niall adjacent to us.   

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Don't kill me! 

Please vote, fan, and comment! :)