Never Go Outside Alone At Night: 1

Tsuna's age is about 8 years old

Tsuna walked out of the school gates as the moon rose above the clouds. He stomped away with his cheeks puffed out. His teacher had kept him behind for extra study (more like verbal harassment) time. That wasn't all. Hibari had caught him walking through the halls and nearly bit him to death for staying at school so late. Luckily, Tsuna quickly explained himself and barely got out without a scratch.

Sighing, Tsuna wondered if his twin, Ieyasu, and his mother were worried about him. In his daydreaming, he failed to notice the men dressed in black beside a sleek black van. Tsuna walked by without a second thought. Of course, the lack of weariness had its consequences. One of the men grabbed Tsuna by the shoulder, and in one swift move, shoved him into the trunk of the van. Taken by surprise, Tsuna cried out, only to have his mouth covered with a weird smelling cloth. As the chemical in the cloth took effect, Tsuna struggled to keep his eyes open and eventually, they closed.

--------------------------

Tsuna woke up to the sound of men's voices speaking in a foreign language. He shook the grogginess off and looked around in slight panic. He wasn't tied up or anything, so he could move freely, but there wasn't much he could do in an empty prison cell. A metallic smell filled his nose. What was it? He smelled it before at a sickening hospital room in which he accidentally stumbled upon and at one of Hibari's victim sites. Yes, the smell of blood.

Eyes widening in fear, Tsuna scooted into the corner. "W-Where am I?" he muttered as his heartbeat sped up. Wasn't he just walking home from school? The group of men outside the cell had finally notice Tsuna woke. "He's a scrawny one, but then again, so are the other test subjects," one said as he examined Tsuna from head to toe. Another man grinned. "Don't be fooled by his scrawny looks, Alberto. I think the boy has sky flames. I sensed it the moment I laid eyes on him. It was a bit suppressed, though, like someone was trying to cover up for him," he remarked.

Alberto frowned. "Is that so? Well, whoever it was, it's all in vain. He belongs to the Estreano Family now. This brat will make a fearsome weapon if we can get his sky flames outta him," the man mused as a small smirk made its way to his mouth.

---------------------------------

7 years later......

Tsuna wiped his mouth of the blood that recently dripped there. In front of him laid the unmoving bodies of the scientists that had experimented on him before. "Who could've done all of this?" he asked. No, it was not him who massacred the Estreano experiment site, although Tsuna had quite his share of bearing his torturers to a pulp. Walking around, he spotted a child, slightly older than him with a pineapple like haircut. In his hand was a gleaming trident with fresh blood stains at the tip.

"Who are you?" Tsuna asked, his voice steely. The older boy looked at him with mismatched eyes. "Mmm? You must be one of the test subjects, Sawada Tsunayoshi," he said. Tsuna's eyes narrowed. "Who are you?" Tsuna repeated. The boy smiled, eyes filled with amusement. "Kufufu~ me? I am Rokudo Mukuro."

Tsuna took a step forward. "I suppose you're the one who did all of this," he said, gesturing to the fallen corpses of the scientists. "Kufufu~ how observant of you Sawada Tsunayoshi-"

"Tsuna"

Mukuro's eyebrows raised. "Call me Tsuna," Tsuna said. Mukuro smirked. "Well then Tsuna, would you like to sign a contract with me?" he continued. Tsuna frowned. "In exchange for your body, you will live under my protection," Mukuro explained. The two stared at each other.

"I'm sorry, but I'll have to decline. I have other plans in mind," Tsuna replied. Mukuro kufufu'ed softly. "I expected as much. Until we meet again, Tsuna," he said and walked off with two silhouettes in tow.