Mercy Makes Peace and War: 9

A string of curse words were heard from the kitchen. Tsuna entered the kitchen to see why Akumi was snapping indecencies. "What's wrong, Akumi?" he asked. The said girl was glaring at her phone. "The guy I asked to come stand in as your sun guardian can't make it. The battle for the sun rings is tonight too," she groaned. Tsuna pursed his lips. "Then we could just forfeit."

Akumi's head snapped upwards and stared at Tsuna. "Forfeit? I don't forfeit these kind of things. I'll stand in as the sun guardian," she said. Tsuna put his hands on his hips. "Oh no you don't! You are staying home and preparing for the next battles instead of trying to do all of them," he ordered. Akumi groaned in frustration. "Then who will be your sun guardian? Tsuna, you've only got two people on your side: Fran and I. We need to win as many of the battles as possible," Akumi reasoned.

Tsuna frowned. "I don't care. You are resting at home."

---------------------------

Akumi ended up staying home, missing the sun battle, which Ryohei had won. Next was the battle for the Lightning ring. Levi, Lambo, and Akumi stood in the field atop the school roof as lightning struck down. Each side was watching attentively. Lightning struck again, this time hitting the metal rod. Dangerous sparks flew out, of which narrowly missing the three contestants.

The Cervello explained the rules and field. "Lambo is just a child! He can't possibly fight in these conditions much less at all!" Ieyasu protested. Gokudera agreed along with his boss. Reborn tipped his fedora. "Shut it, dame-yasu. Have a little faith in your guardians. They were chosen for a reason," he said. 'Plus, I want to see what Tsuna's guardians can do,' Reborn thought. He looked up only to find Akumi putting on crimson rain boots to go with her black raincoat. "Ah, much better," she stated as Tsuna gave her a thumbs up. Reborn sweat dropped. Can't they take the mood into account?

Levi was glaring at her, but then focused his attention on the cow child. "I'll deal with you later, for now the brat will go first," he said firmly. Drawing out a parabola, he pointed it at Lambo. Electricity shot out, effectively shocking the child. Lambo squealed in pain. Levi smirked. "Hmph, not even a challenge," he said and the electric shoots stopped. Lambo was there, just crying but without a single burn mark. Levi's eyes widened. "What?!"

Reborn smirked. "This cow brat is immune to electricity. After being electrocuted so many times, he has become impervious to it," he explained triumphantly. Levi's eyes widened again in anger. "Having a child prodigy immune. to electricity be the lighting guardian... that cannot happen. He is unworthy to serve under Xanxus-sama. I shall turn you into mincemeat," Levi snarled. He raised his parabola. A throwing knife grazed his cheek. Levi whirled towards Akumi's direction. She stood there smirking while tossing another knife up and down. "Heh, did you really expect me to stand around while you're hurting an innocent child. I'm not the most righteous person around, but that's something I can't ignore," Akumi said.

Tsuna's eyes widened. "Finally, she is doing good deeds from her heart," he announced proudly, while Ieyasu and his guardians sweat dropped. Akumi's smile turned devious. "Not to mention it's rather rude to just exclude me from the group. I'll beat you and the cow brat," she said. Tsuna fell over. "I was wrong," he moaned.

Levi scoffed and pointed a parabola at her. "I'll turn you into ash," he snapped. Sparks came out, but the electricity didn't. Levi pulled back and checked his parabola. "What? What happened to my parabola?" he asked angrily. Akumi smiled. "Ah, about that. While you were trying to kill the cow, I shoved some rubber bullets down the barrels of your umbrellas. Hope you don't mind~"

Levi scowled and pulled a sharp tipped parabola out. "I'll just have to stab you through then."

Akumi opened her arms. "Sure, whatever makes you feel satisfied," she said. "What are you doing?" Levi asked as Akumi reached in her coat. Akumi pulled out a stun gun. "This is the lightning battle right? It's only fair I use something electric related," she stated. Levi stared at her for a moment then laughed. He drew one of his working parabolas out and pointed it at her. "Heh, come at me," he dared. Akumi smirked and brought her hand back.