Familiar Faces: 7

Akumi blinked. "What?" she asked. Tsuna cast his eyes to the ground. "During the month I spent with the Varia, I saw a file about a girl. She broke away from Vongola custody years ago. From what I read, she was part of a familia that was involved with outlawed experiments in which they were later arrested. The girl was one of the subjects of the experiments despite being one of the two daughters of one of the boss's guardians. The Vongola rescued her, but she ran away after a year or so for unknown reasons. Her name was Akumi," he said. Akumi tilted her head to the side. "Yeah, that's me," she stated nonchalantly. Tsuna sweat dropped. "You said it so calmly," the brunette muttered.

Akumi shrugged and smiled. "The past is behind me and there's no point in hiding it. It's much easier to admit it rather than go down the long, painful road of trying to hide the darkness from my comrades... like what happens in anime shows," she said. Tsuna sighed and face palmed. Akumi never changes.

"Anyway, we should go get Mukuro and Chrome. They must be wondering what's happening," Tsuna announced.

-------------------------

"Kufufufu~ where have you been, Cielo Tsunayoshi?" Mukuro asked as Tsuna and Akumi entered Akumi's home. "We were looking for you at Ieyasu's house, but Kyoko and Haru said you went away as soon as you came," Tsuna said and pouted. "The pineapple fairy was probably eating pineapples secretly while we were gone," Fran suggested. Mukuro raised his trident. "What was that, frog brat?" he asked in a venomous tone.

Fran hid behind Tsuna. "Stop fighting. I have something to do, so while I'm gone please behave," Tsuna chided. Akumi snickered and the illusionist and his pupil glared at her. "Yeah, don't wreck my house. Do that in the training room," she added. Tsuna nodded as he walked towards the both of them. "Reborn is coming over tonight and I need the both of you to play nice with each other. Do I make myself clear?"

Mukuro and Fran nodded with reluctance. "Good, now, Chrome can you help me in the kitchen? I want our guest to feel welcome, so Akumi why don't you, Fran, and Mukuro clean up the house a bit," Tsuna instructed. They all nodded and got to work.

------------------

"Looks like this is the address," Reborn muttered. He strode towards the door and knocked. Tsuna answered it. "Ah, welcome Reborn. Please come in," he greeted. Reborn stepped inside. The smell of perfume, air freshener, and food was in the air. Noise came from the kitchen. "Sorry if I interrupted dinner," Reborn apologized graciously. Tsuna shook his head. "Actually, we were waiting for you."

Reborn raised his eyebrows. "Is that so?" he said. Tsuna nodded and smiled. "We have hot pot tonight so please enjoy," he replied. "Then I will."

--------------------------

Tsuna had explained what had happened in the past 7 years, leaving Reborn speechless. He pondered about this. His gut told him that Tsuna was telling the truth, but if Tsuna had really existed why were there no files about him at all?

Tsuna twiddled his thumbs. "You don't have to believe me. I don't I have any proof that I am actually Ieyasu's older twin brother..." he trailed off. Reborn held up a hand. "It's fine. I believe you. What I doubt is the fact that everyone you knew before you got kidnapped, besides Akumi, forgot you. Even your father, Iemitsu, doesn't have a single picture of you nor memory," he said.

Tsuna nodded. "I don't know what happened either. Akumi, did anything out of the ordinary happen when I disappeared?" the brunette asked. Akumi tapped her chin thoughtfully. "Well... Let's see here. I haven't had company in a while... Oh wait! I remember there was a guy who tried to snipe me, but I dodged it and he escaped," she said. "If I remember correctly, I do believe he was from the Estreano."