Chapter 2 Part 2

Chapter 2 Part 2:

Walter's POV

Recap: After that class was over, I headed over to my second class which was Literature and composition. Man, I'm going to hate that class. I had her before and she wasn't my favorite teacher. She gets so disorganized and doesn't grade your tests or homework until a few weeks, a month later, or right before the 9 weeks ended. Then I went on to third, AP Government and Politics. I gotta learn this if I want to be an entrepreneur. I listen somewhat intently. The teacher is a nice and friendly guy. I might like his class Then on to Calculus. I didn't really pay attention in that class, since math is really boring and won't really need it in life. I saw that Michael, Joe, and Patrick are barely in any of my classes together. I somehow got through fourth period. The bell rings meaning one thing. Lunch time.

I sat down at the table in the far corner, which is our usual place. The guys showed up a few minutes later. We all had finished our food when there was a commotion. All we heard was "Fight, fight, fight!" This caught our attention and as we did, we saw two guys, football players, fighting and surrounded by a crowd. We didn't know what they were fighting over, but the guys and I went over to see what was going on. We pushed through the crowd and saw what was going on. A girl was on the ground covered in food. She's the girlfriend of one of the football players who isn't a cheerleader and the other one, said by the current boyfriend, "purposely did it" because she's the other player's ex-girlfriend.

They started to get into it. I looked at the guys and they wanted to stop it since it was a petty fight. So we all tried to pull them apart from each other when one of them accidentally punched Joe. Everyone gasped and the football players stopped fighting since it was their doing that he was hurt. I might have helped since I kicked them both. Somewhere no guy ever likes getting kicked. Oh yeah, I went there. One of them hurts my friends over a petty fight; I hurt them both ten times worse. Nobody hurts my friends on my watch. After that, I took Joe to the nurse's office to check Joe out. I let Patrick and Michael handle what happened in the cafeteria.

Joe and I get to the nurse's office. I knocked on her door and when she opened the door, she gasped since Joe had a huge bruise on his cheek. She checked him out and gave him an ice pack. She also wanted to keep him there as a precaution in case he had a concussion or something. It was already the middle of fifth period, when she said he was going to be alright and she handed me a note for my teacher to excuse my tardiness. I texted Mike and Patrick, not knowing where they were, saying that Joe was ok. I walked over to fifth period and when I opened the door to the virtual classroom to see all eyes snap to me.

"Nice of you to join us Walter. Why are you so late?" said the teacher.

"There was a commotion during lunch. I tried to stop it, but got injured. Been in the nurses office ever since. Before you ask I have a note from her." I white lied a bit, just cause I didn't want to explain the whole fight to him.

I hand the note to the teacher. He looks at me skeptically, but then he reads the note.

"You got lucky this time. The only seat not taken is by Ms. Parker."

I look to see where he was pointing to and saw who she was. I then see the seat that's next to her.

"Fine. I guess." I said and took the seat next to her.

'Man she's hot! I'll have to tell the guys about it. Wait...did he say Ms. PARKER. Is she the one who my mom was talking about?! If I remember correctly her name is Lucy, I'll have to ask her.'

I guess I had been thinking over this the whole time, because she got done with her virtual class and put in her headphones. I tapped her shoulder. She froze, looked at me, and then took out her right headphone.