Chapter 5 - Prophecy (edited)

Chapter 5

Prophecy

^-^Emis' POV^-^

"So this is the new camper," I turned to see a guy who looked a year or two older than me with dark hair, oil stained skin and dark eyes.

"Yeah, Chris this is Emis," Leo introduced, spinning around from the work bench where he was showing me one of his inventions, "Emis, this is Christopher, my half-brother."

I nodded, "Godly side, right?" I asked, twirling a small gold engine with my finger.

"Yeah," Leo and Chris agreed.

"Still getting used to the whole God thing," I muttered to myself.

"Uh, Leo, can I talk to you," Chris asked. Leo agreed and followed him to another work station. I presumed they were talking about some project but I still had a weird feeling about what they were talking about. Out of the corner of my eye, I watched them but couldn't hear them over the roaring of the furnaces or the whirring of machines.

"Just ignore them," I turned to the voice, seeing a girl with coco-brown skin and dark hair pulled back in a bandana, "Nyssa," She offered me her hand to shake. She looked like she was built to lift an anvil with the body of a female action figure. I shook her hand, able to feel her calloused hands from working with the tools.

"Hi," I greeted back.

"Come on, let me introduce you to a few of our campers," She lead me into the back of the forges were several kids working on different machines and weapons, "Guys meet Emis, new camper," The kids turned to face us, "This is Jake, Shane and Harley," She introduced.

I scrunched my forehead, "As in the motorbike?" I asked the little kid called Harley.

He sighed before answering, "Yes," I raised my eyebrows and muttered to myself, 'whatever floats your boat'.

Another guy stepped forward. He was older then Nyssa and Christopher but not by much.

"Hi, I'm Jake Mason. I know we don't all look much alike but you don't look like a Hephaestus kid," He input. I opened my mouth to answer but Leo, conveniently appeared at that moment to answer for me.

"She isn't - Hephaestus kid, that is," He strolled over and slouched next to me with a cheeky grin, "Undetermined, got here today."

"Oh," Jake said, "Well, maybe you'll find out at the Bonfire tonight. How old are you?" I narrowed my eyes. Why was everyone so interested in me?

"Sixteen," I answered slowly. Jake whistled lowly.

"How have you survived that long by yourself?" I glanced around the room at their surprised expressions.

"I'm tough," I answered plainly. They still looked surprised. Jake and Nyssa exchanged a glance while Leo cracked a grin at me.

I looked down, kicking the ground absent minded, waiting for someone to talk. The muffled sound of a ringing bell finally filled the silence.

"That's dinner, come one everyone."

____

After dinner, the whole camp full of teenagers of various ages headed to the campfire. Leo made his way over to me at the end of dinner. We slowly followed the rest of the campers out of the mess hall, towards the campfire.

Leo told me about the cabins and how everyone stays in the cabin for their godly parent. He said the undetermined like me stayed in the Hermes cabin until they were claimed.

The campfire was in the centre of a ring of cabins. As we approached, I looked around and toke the cabins in. At the far end were two grand cabins of marble. I wasn't really interested in what the cabins looked like - I was only here to find out who my Mum was - but one of the cabins caught my eye. It was a few cabins down from the marble ones and glowed silver, like it was reflecting the moon. The cabin was decorated with carvings of different animals, especially the stag.